Epilogue

Morgan Smith

It's Saturday and today is Elvis's birthday, we all are gathered at his place for the little get-together that was organized by him and Ann. Everyone was here apart from Mr. Roberto, Briana said that he had some matters to attend to but he sent his wishes.

A week after I found out about that guy and what he did to my family, Ricardo introduced me to his mum and it turns out that she was the woman I met at the store when I and Amelia went shopping some time back. It felt nice to meet her and she didn't give me a chance to mention that day so I just let it be.

I could notice this huge gap between her and Ricardo and when I asked him about if he and his mum are good, he just said that things were okay and they had sorted out their differences which I am glad about.

Everything seems to be falling into place, George and Amelia are doing well both individually, and from what I can observe, they are doing good together. Earl and Ann are really adorable together and I love how close they are becoming by the day. It's lovely.

I and my baby, Ricardo are just perfect. It's great to have those you care about around you even if they can't be there physically, the feel of their presence in their absence would give you this comfort and calmness.

That is something I felt with all these wonderful people around me.

Richard couldn't come, said he had some business to do but we think it's because of a girl he has been talking with for a while now.

I was able to forgive that man, even though I haven't seen him up close.

Ann was right when she said I should let go of it and just try to forget. Those fears and burdens I felt have been gone already.

I feel so light-weight, happy, and comfortable that I could be myself. I noticed that there was a little growth in my hair which is refreshing to know.

Finally, I was able to find the courage to go to my parent's graves and talk to them about all that have been happening in my when they were cruelly taken from this world. I found peace and I was so happy that I could share that with them.

Even though I wished that they were still alive to enjoy this joyous moment with me and these amazing people I was blessed to have around me but I am so glad that they are somewhere peaceful and are proud of how far I have come.

I also got the information that the criminal was Ricardo's mum's brother. It hurt when I found out but I just let it be and did not let that be the one that would cause some meaningless argument between the both of us. We both have known for quite a number of years and this will be petty to come between us.

No one was aware of his evil doings and just because his uncle happens to be a criminal doesn't make his entire family one. Well, except they decide to follow his footstep and support his doings which they didn't so they don't deserve harsh treatment.

Ricardo and his mum countlessly apologized and I kept telling them not to worry because I wasn't that upset about it, to be honest. I am slowly letting it go, so keeping that memory or knowledge in my mind would not do me any good.

Every one of us was seated on the porch where the birthday picnic was set. There were lots of food and drinks to fill us all till the next morning. The men decided to set up tents for us to stay out in case we feel too tired to go inside.

Elvis had a really large porch so it was wide enough to contain the tents.

"Happy birthday once again, Elvis" I congratulated him with a light pat on his shoulder.

"Thank you, so much little sister," he said.

He calls me little sister just like Ann calls me and because I am Ann's little sister. I don't mind since I see him more as an older brother, who takes good care of my older sister.

"Can you go help Ann with the snacks? She doesn't want me to do much today. Says, I can't do any work since it's my birthday and I just enjoy the day" he shrugged with a chuckle.

"I love you both, you're cute together" I gushed and he laughed then I went over to help Ann.

"Thank you," she told me when I picked up the other tray on the counter.

"It's fine" I smiled then followed her to the porch.

"I think this is all we need at the moment, right?" Ann asked as we arranged the trays beside the rest of the food items on the table.

"Yeah, how about the cake you made?" I asked and she let out a huge sigh and then looked at me with a shake of her head.

"Don't mind me, I will go fetch it from the kitchen, thanks" she said then turned to get inside the house. "How did I even forget that?" I heard her mutter to herself.

She has been working almost all day to make sure that this cake is good and also tastes good so I think she might be feeling a bit tired and most probably, the only way she can relax is when the event already ended.

"I can't wait to start digging, you did a great job with the cake" I commend as I rubbed my stomach.

 She smiles at that and then shook her head. "Thank you, I was telling myself that I was missing something," she said then instructed me to bring a table so that she could see the cake properly for when we wanted to take pictures.

"Looks better this way?" she asked, I looked at the position of the cake and then nod my head in agreement before calling everyone to gather around.

"I have adjusted the camera setting so it will take ten seconds before it takes a shot. Are we all ready for this big birthday picture?" I asked then went to stand beside Ricardo who was by Elvis's side.

"Cheese!" we all yelled and heard the click of the camera and the flash going on and off, indicating that the picture has been taken already.

"Let's take some more, before digging in" Ann swatted Ricardo's hand when wanted to cut some of the cake.

He pouted and mouthed 'bully' which made me giggle and he stuck his tongue out at me.

'Big baby' I mouthed and took some pictures of them as they posed and when I was to be snapped, Brianna took over and w all took goofy and better pictures.

These were memories we are making as a family and they will stay with us forever.

"Making a toast to many years of flourishing, beautification, wealth, family bonds, and growth... cheers" Elvis lifted his glass and we all did the same before clicking glasses with each other and drinking to it.

More years in peace and abundance and hopefully, I get to fully open my heart to GOD and accept him to speak to me just like he does with Ann.

Thank you, JESUS!