At First Sight

You feel a little more than ridiculous in the getup the costume designer has you dressed in- pink mini skirt and a matching top that leaves little to the imagination. It's cute, but not the easiest to move in.

You're rehearsing with the other girls, all giddy about being so close to a star like Elvis, when one of the stage hand taps you on the shoulder.

"Miss?" You turn, nervous that you somehow screwed something up.

"Yes?"

"Would you follow me, please? Mr. Presley would like to see you."

The girls behind you fall silent before teasing giggles and jealous hisses break out.

You're a little taken aback but you nod anyway, following the young man backstage.

The high heels you're wearing click loudly down the hallway. The sound does nothing to calm your nerves, butterflies flaring up in your stomach as the stage hand leads you closer to Elvis's dressing room.

"Um, may I ask what this is about?"

You try to stay professional, not wanting to sound as nervous as you feel.

"Sorry, ma'am, he didn't say."

Now this isn't your first time meeting a celebrity- having worked on sets for acts like The Animals and The Doors- but it is your first time meeting a legend like Elvis Presley. As the young man's hand comes up to knock upon Elvis's door, you have to resist the urge to reach out and stop him.

The door is opened after the third knock, and all at once you're met with the sight of Elvis Presley himself.

He's even more beautiful in person, you decide after a moment.

"I've got her here for you, sir." The young man between you states. You notice his voice is a bit shaky and it calms you to know you're not the only one in awe.

"Thank you, kid." Only when he speaks do you notice that Elvis hasn't stopped looking at you since he opened the door.

He has a sort of half grin on his face, piercing blue eyes bright and wide as they take you in.

You're acutely aware of how exposed you are in this costume.

"How're you, darlin'?"

A pretty blush settles across your cheeks.

"I'm doing well, Mr. Presley."

He laughs, sending the butterflies in your stomach into a flurry.

"You don't gotta be so formal, honey." He offers his hand out for you to shake. "Elvis is just fine."

You take his big hand in yours, a wide smile gracing your face.

"Well it's nice to meet you, Elvis. I'm Y/N."

Elvis gives your hand a squeeze.

"Pretty name for a pretty girl."

Without another word, he gently pulls you into his dressing room, giving the stage hand a look that clearly reads, "buzz off, kid."

The few short steps into the room feel like a dream. You feel your heart stutter when he places a hand on your lower back, closing the door behind you.

"I gotta be honest with ya, when I first saw you in rehearsal, it's like I couldn't take my eyes off of you."

The sudden, bold declaration leaves you speechless as you quickly turn to look at him. You lose your balance a little, tumbling into his chest.

"Oh!" You yelp in suprise, face tinted pink as strong arms come up to hold you steady.

"Falling into my arms already?" Elvis chuckles, keeping his hands on your hips. He doesn't let his hands wander, staying respectful, though you can't help but feel his fingertips squeeze a little into the softness of your exposed flesh.

Your hands are planted firmly on his chest, french tipped nails sinking into the denim of his shirt.

"Elvis. . ." You breathe, eyes darting down to his lips.

"You afraid of me, honey?"

You shake your head.

"You afraid of me?" You counter, feeling bold as you tease him a little.

"Mhmm, absolutely terrified." Elvis murmurs, leaning in.

Your lips meet in a soft kiss, something sweet you weren't really expecting.

His lips are just as soft as they look.

It's brief, but it leaves your head spinning when he pulls away.

"Lemme take you out tonight, Y/N." His voice is low, sending shivers up your spine. "There's a real nice place just a few blocks from here, I gotta get to know you."

It's all so quick, so sudden, that you can't help the question that tumbles out of your mouth:

"Why me?"

Elvis brings a hand to your cheek, eyes sincere as they gaze into yours.

"I can't explain it. There's just something about the way I felt when i saw you. Like I-" He pauses, glancing down at your lips. "Like I know you, or somethin'."

You're left speechless, lips parted in suprise.

"Whaddya say, doll?" You see the look of uncertainty in his eyes, something you'd never expect to see in a man usually so confident. "Come out with me tonight?"

You break into a radiant smile that surprises you both.

"What time are you picking me up, Mr. Presley?"