Burdens

Your mind shut down. Your body froze. All light in your eyes vanished. Any colour in your face disappeared.

"C-Could you repeat that?"
"Sure? It's Jean Grey"

She turned her head sideways slightly, a confused look on her face.

'Jean Grey..................JEAN GREY?!'

"You know what? You're right. My wounds were healed and"-

"No! Like you said earlier I caused you a great amount of pain due to my poor control"

Using both of her hands she grabbed one of yours.
"I owe you at least this much"
A genuine look of guilt and worry was on her face.

You in turn of her actions let out a bright smile, one that was completely fake but extremely convincing.

"I don't want to trouble you. Besides, even if you lost control, in the end you still helped me when no one else could. One flash of pain or a few days of constant pain, you saved me from the latter"

You took your hand out of her grasp and placed one on top of her head.

"Don't trouble yourself with mere drinks with me and practice your powers so that you can help others with your gift"

In her eyes, a light appeared behind you, giving your body a glow. Angelic music was playing in her head as she stared at your bright smile, her face warming up slightly.

'Is-....is he an angel?'
'I made someone as kind as him feel the pain of being burned alive! I can't leave it at just this'

Meanwhile, in your brain.
'Fuck off please fuck off you are one of the last X-Men I want to get involved in please leave me alone I'm begging you please dear god I'll go to church just get me away from this burning chicken wielding woman and just please leave me alone'-

"Even Mutants need breaks from learning how to control their powers. It's Saturday so I should be free Tuesday after class"

She got up from her spot on the side of your bed and made her way towards the door.

"I just want to apologize again.....I'll see you in a few days!"

With an excited voice, she shut the door behind her and left the room, leaving you as the sole inhabitant.

'I think I'm gonna be si'-

You grabbed onto a trash bin beside the bed you were laying on and proceeded to vomit.

Once you were done, you grabbed a cup of water on the nightstand nearby and drank from it.

'You couldn't keep your big mouth shut could you. Couldn't have just let this go and get over your pain. No, you had to push her to the point where she wouldn't take no for an answer'

You fell back onto your bed, plopping your head against a very uncomfortable pillow.

'Since she's not in her Hero outfit I couldn't recognize her and just thought of her as a random red-head that just happened to be good looking. Instead, seeing how she's using flames, she's currently the host to one of the most powerful beings in the fucking universe'

This was bad. Really, really bad. You only got involved with the Lizard because you had to, doing nothing would've caused Gwen's death. But, a small bit of you was hoping you could blow it off and go back to living as a normal student.

Yet that dream was now completely crushed. You met Professor X who if by what Jean was calling him was correct, is the current headmaster of the Academy. You've also got yourself a date with someone that could destroy the world.