Chapter .05

"Doctor Shepherd, you paged me for..." Melody's voice trailed entering into E.R. four seeing the sight for herself. A man's leg was hanging onto dear life with only the nerves and fat exposed, "God..."

"You think you can reattach his leg?" Callie questioned holding up a scan in her hands, "Sloan isn't answering his pager right now. He is in a meeting so you're all on your own with this case." Doctor Tyler couldn't hide the shock on her face. All she could think about was how could this happen to someone?

Melody nodded slightly, grabbing some latex gloves and taking a closer look at the mangled leg, "Yeah, if you want it to still work we need to get him to an O.R. stat. He is losing too much blood just sitting here out in the open."

"Grey," Shepherd called out to the intern, "Tell the O.R. we are coming. This guy needs his leg and he has a brain bleed in the frontal lobe. I'm surprised he's still stable."

"Tell me about it."

***

"Doctor Tyler." Sloan knocked on the door in the on-call room. Melody lifted up her head from the very, not soft, pillow looking at the very attractive man. A man she found very attractive but didn't want to admit it. The last thing she wanted to do was to feed his ego more than it already was.

She hummed closing her eyes and placing her head back down on the pillow, "Do you have my leg update?" She asked, referring to the man's leg she saved. She wanted to know if the most recent tests show any nerve activity.

Sloan shut the door behind him, "No, but O'Malley is running them right now. You tired?" The man questioned taking a seat in the chair right beside the bed where Melody laid.

She hummed again not opening her eyes, after all she was in one surgery for majority of the day, "A little birdy told me all of your surgery were canceled and the Chief Intern, which isn't a real job, told me I had to fill out a form with all the people in the hospital I had a sexual encounters with. This wouldn't have anything to do with you and your club, would it?" Her voice was mumbled and half understandable due to her face being in the pillow.

Mark sighed taking off his white coat and placing it on the side of the chair he sat at, "You want to know what's sad?"

"Not really."

"I am not even in the mood to hit on you right now." He sighed as if this was his biggest problem of the day, "Human resources gave me a visit and forced me to fill out paperwork, and on top of that they canceled everything of mine. Even my face lift. None of the nurses want to work with me because I'm a manwhore."

"They are rioting."

"They are rioting." Mark agreed placing his head in his hand.

Melody slowly opened one of her eyes looking at Mark. Some form of pity sat in the bottom of her heart looking at Mark's distraught face. She didn't realize the man could actually feel other emotions besides horniness. She felt bad for him, even if she kept on saying to herself they were not friends.

"You know you did this to yourself."

"My four hundred dollar an hour shrink says that it's because behind this rigged and confident exterior, I'm self destructive and self-loathing to an almost pathological degree." Mark responded without missing a beat, looking over at her with a blank face.

The woman sighed, rolling her eyes and scooting over in the bed to make room. Mark just stared at her with slight confusion in his eyes. Melody sighed louder propping her head up with her hand, "Get in before I change my mind."

Mark gave her a small smile as he took off his shoes and slipped into bed with her, copying her pose staring right back at her. Unknown to Melody's knowledge, this one action was helping Mark more than she or him could imagine.

The two simply just stared at each other without saying a word. A million of thoughts ran though Melody's head as none ran through Mark's. He was completely compelled with the look, the smell, everything about her, "Would it be bad if I started feeling you up right now?"

The blonde with big messy hair nodded, knowing he is already feeling better, "Yes, especially when you're self destructive to an almost pathological degree. The action of you asking me that question is self destructing because you are ruining the moment."

"This is a moment?"

"Do you want it to be?"

"Maybe I should hire you to be my new shrink."

"No, you'll only try to feel me up during session."

"I think you're right."

"I'm always right." Melody winked before laying fully down on her stomach in the bed, "I think you should say sorry to the nurses if you want to do surgeries. I talk to them, you know." The doctor hinted, attempting to help his case.

Mark rose his eyebrow, watching Melody close her eyes, "You talk to them?"

"Yeah," she sighed, "they like me a lot apparently. They're looking for an honest apology. After all, you have screwed almost every woman on this floor."

"Why are you helping me? I thought we weren't friends." Sloan questioned watching Melody breathe in and out of her mouth, her nearly falling asleep in the process.

"We aren't." Her voice started becoming sluggish, "But you're not a terrible person, you just have the sex drive of a sixteen year old boy."

Mark's face soften listening to Melody. A little ping hit his heart processes the information his little crush provided him. Then his lips tugged into a smile, gently placing his hand on her hair, petting it lightly.

"This count's as feeling me up." Melody mumbled.

"Shut up and go to sleep."

***