Chapter 90

Elegant Power (1)

Ivan wiped the liquor flowing down his chin with the sleeve of his priest's uniform.

[Is there a way to avoid marital relations?]

Even thinking about it raised goosebumps.

"...Can I take back my words? I will take away my promise to listen to you."

Lily's head rose slowly. She stared into the air with her unfocused eyes. "It's a big deal, Priest... Somehow it always happens."

"Yes, and it makes your marriage 20 times better. You said that you went into the bathroom, but I'm not curious about the next story, so let's please skip it."

Lily nodded. "Yes... okay..."

Each movement made her head spin pleasantly.

She had once asked Crocus how it felt when he was drinking with his mercenaries. Apparently, it was like this.

"Madam!" Hans, who was lying on her floor, suddenly opened his eyes and sat down on his knees. "It must not be like this!"

His eyes sparkled.

"We have to open up! We need a hero... How long do I have to be treated like this! The advanced and innovative territory owned by the lord should be known all over the world!" Hans pointed at the air. He shouted so passionately that saliva sputtered down his neck.

Ivan let out a sigh of resignation. "It's starting again."

It was something Lily didn't understand. Ivan twisted his lips bitterly.

After looking at the priest and the administrator one after another, Lily asked, "Opening?"

Hans approached the table and sat down with his chair between his legs to look at her directly, placing his arms on the wooden table.

"We're... dying, Madam. If it goes on like this, it's the end. Cadis and the lord..."

Lily's breath choked at the gloomy murmur. "What... Do you mean to die?"

Big green eyes filled with fear.

Vlad. Are you going to die? Did... I cause that again...?

Fear swallowed up her consciousness.

Her heart pounded against her ribs. Just before Lily panicked, Hans grabbed her hands. "So now our hope is... only Madam!"

"He's hopeless." Ivan hit Hans's temple with an apple, who groaned and fell to the side again.

Lily nearly panicked. "Administrator...!"

"Just leave him. He really can't drink alcohol. A city dies when it is isolated... It's a very bureaucratic thing to say." Ivan poured out another glass of the liquor.

The anxious eyes turned towards the priest.

"But uhm, what to do... Is there anything I can do? If something really happens..."

"Gosh." His hand came up to his head in annoyance.

His actions made Lily even more anxious.

Hans was a pain in the ass to Ivan so instead of acting like a proper priest, he threw the apple.

He poured Lily a glass until it overflowed. "Have a drink first."

Lily quickly emptied her glass. The liquid, clear as cool water, ignited her throat like a flame the moment she swallowed it down. "Ahem! Cough...."

"There is also water here, so drink it."

Lily took a deep breath after gulping down the water. It felt as if she had swallowed charcoal.