Protect and Serve

Mulai dari awal

"Okay, we are heading to the safe house now, see what we can learn." Hank gestured with his hand and everyone ran off to grab their things.

"Find a location off road and hang tight until we can get you an escort." The brunette added, following her husband as he turned and marched back into his Office.

"Use only your DCs to communicate." The older man finished, disappearing into the small room with his wife right behind him.

"All right, copy that." Adam replied.

*At The Safe House*

"Boss, we got a plan. Disregard that escort." The Officer radioed just as the two Sergeants were stepping out of their car.

"Copy that." Hank replied.

"What are we looking at?" Ana wondered, spotting Jay crouched by a body in the driveway.

"Looks like Atwater caught him center mass." He explained.

"We got a name?" The older man inquired.

"No, not yet." The Detective shook his head. "They just printed him, but I'm thinking we're gonna get a pop. He's got prison tats."

"Huh." Hank grunted.

"Let me show you this. There's .32 caliber shell casings here." Jay informed, leading them back towards the front of the house and the older let out another grunt in reply. "Got 9 mil casings all the way over here. And then there's blood going down the gangway. So the second shooter, he's in the wind, but he's injured."

"So they both had street sweepers." Ana sighed.

"Oh, yeah, they were coordinated, but they didn't care about crossfire. This is a do or die crew." The Detective pointed out.

"We're probably not looking at teenage foot soldiers." Hank muttered.

"No." Jay agreed.

"And when did Miller get here?" The older man wondered, spotting the Deputy Superintendent inside the house.

"Oh, she got here before us." The Detective replied.

Hank grunted once more before heading up to talk to her. Ana just shook her head and went back to wait at their car.

*Back in the Bullpen*

"Ruzek and Atwater can't move until we determine that leak wasn't inside, and we got that second shooter in custody." Hank pointed out as he marched into his Office with Ana at his side and the rest of the team following close behind. "So who the Hell is going after Officer Dave Wheelan?"

"Hey, mobile techs just sent over the fingerprint card on our dead shooter Ray Macks, 25." Kim reported, opening the file she brought with her and handing the older man a photo which he glanced at before giving it to his wife. "Gangs has him hooked up with the Rollin' Reapers. His boss, T-J Jones, just so happens to be the half-brother of Jeff Duncan." She revealed, handing off another picture to the Sergeants who just did the same thing as before. "T-J runs a crew of hired guns. They think of themselves as the police of gangland."

"So T-J's half-brother gets killed by a police officer, and he sends two of his guys to kill that police officer. He's keeping order on the street." Jay realized.

"We got anything on T-J?" Hailey wondered.

"No, no open warrants, no longer on probation, I seriously doubt he's carrying. I mean, Gangs has been on it for a while, but they have nothing to arrest him on." Kim shook her head.

"Yeah, well, he knows our second shooter, so we're gonna make him talk to us anyway." Hank retorted, bluntly. "Jay, you and me. Grab that file."

The male Detective did so and the older man grabbed his jacket. He moved to leave the small room but was stopped by a hand on his arm.