1.1 - Meet the Family

Comincia dall'inizio

Sloane ignored him and answered for everyone, "I kind of think we would have noticed you." The big guy's face changed as soon as he saw her and introduced himself as "Luther". Sloane glanced at him and didn't reply.

Getting fed up, the superhero lady said, "Okay, none of you belong here." 

Fei took the liberty of answering this time, "Oh! Well, then. I guess we'll just pack our bags and move out." Chris answered as well. He said a really funny joke. Only we would understand of course. Chris loves inside jokes. 

My siblings laughed alongside me at our brother's joke. "You slay me, Chris," Ben said after chuckling. 

 Mom walked in with cookies. "I wasn't expecting company." She sighed. "This is the best I could do on short--" She started to malfunction again. Her voice got deeper as her eye twitched. I've always felt bad for Mom.

I guess one cookie wouldn't hurt.

"I'll take one, Mom," I told her quickly as I grabbed a cookie and walked back to my spot. When I tried to bite into it, it was hard as a rock. I decided to shove it in my pocket and pretend I ate it all. I glanced up to see if anyone saw.

Of course, it was Five looking at me. It's getting weird now. I do wonder though how he knew my name. The one Mom gave me.

"Mom." The guy with the knives whispered as he walked toward her. Jayme rolled her eyes. "Mom? She's a robot, you perv." 

"It's not a robot."

"Hey, don't you call him that."

"Or what?"

"Come closer and find out."

"Luther! Guys, chill."

"You think I'm afraid?"

They inched toward each other. They probably would've fought, until Marcus brought up his arm and told Ben to stand down. Much to my brother's efforts, they continued arguing.

"Look at that! She's got a voice!"

"How about I hide that big Rubix's cube up your ass?"

"That's it. Let me at 'em!" I inputted myself into the argument.

"Enough!" Marcus yelled, in another attempt to stop the arguing. "Listen, I don't know what circus you people escaped from or how you got past our security, but we're done here. You got 30 seconds to get out of our house." He told them sternly. That's why he's Number One. 

But I like to say I'm Number Eight only because it's best for last, obviously.

"And if we don't?" The superhero lady crossed her arms in annoyance. 

I looked at Marcus as he glanced at me too. I already knew what he was telling me. 

Man, when can I get a day off? This blows.

"Then we'll have to settle this the old-fashioned way." He replied, slowly preparing himself too. "Look, we just fought a literal army. Okay? This doesn't need to get ugly. Let's all just calm down, and let's talk." One of the Umbrella people said.

"Psst. Ben-er-ino." The guy in the hat said to Ben. I snorted a little at the nickname. Which made Ben glare at me. "You look so much better alive than you do dead. Am I right? Except for the haircut." The guy continued with his rambling.

There was a long pause of silence.

"What the hell did you just say?" Ben fired back angrily. What the hell is this guy on?

"Come on. Come on. Stop with all the hostility, Mr. Grumpy Pants. Oh wow. Nice scar. Muy macho."

"Shut your mouth!"