Thousand Mile Ice Plains

Magsimula sa umpisa

"Is that so? Good, that's good..." Hè Wenzhao had had erotic dreams all night and was a bit distracted, his mind feeling blank. He originally felt a bit guilty when he saw his shimei, but when hearing she wanted to leave, he didn't feel reluctant and actually relaxed a bit.

Baili Qingmiao didn't notice Hè Wenzhao's inattentiveness. After making her record, she lit a soul lamp, which was what all traveling disciples were meant to do. If something happened to them, the lamp would go out, and people at Shangqing Sect would know immediately.

After reluctantly bidding farewell to Hè Wenzhao, Baili Qingmiao left the mountain and came to the tea house where she had previously met Wenren È.

Wenren È had already made the arrangements with Baili Qingmiao. Seeing her arrive, he nodded and said, "You start flying, we'll catch up later."

At Baili Qingmiao's speed, it would take at least seven days to get to the Ice Plains. Yin Hanjiang could get there in four hours, and Wenren È in less than ten minutes.

"I'd rather return these things to you. It's not right for me to take them." Baili Qingmiao took off the storage hairpin and placed it on the table. "I've kept the Flame Feather Cloak to protect myself in the Ice Plains. Due to senior's guidance, I've risen much in cultivation. Since you've already given me something, it's only natural I complete a task for you. I can't accept more on top of that."

Wenren È raised an eyebrow. "All things are guided by karma, and the things I've given you are also due to that. You're just being repaid, not incurring a debt, so don't be concerned."

"Oh?" Baili Qingmiao said, surprised. "I have a karmic connection to you, senior? But I grew up at Shangqing Sect. I've never met you before."

"Karmic relations are not limited to this life, and not necessarily incurred by you. They may be from past lives, or your blood relatives," Wenren È said. "I'm not only going to give you these, I'm going to assist your cultivation, help you become a god, help you realize all your desires."

Baili Qingmiao tugged at her sash and said bashfully, "I don't dare think about becoming a god, but I do have a desire. I want to quickly reach Nascent Soul, so I can..."

She trailed off midway, but Wenren È could guess where she was going. Disappointed but unable to do anything about it, he gulped down a mouthful of ordinary tea without a hint of spiritual energy and waved her off. "You get going. We'll meet at the entrance to the Thousand Mile Ice Plains in seven days."

"Okay." Baili Qingmiao left the restaurant, leaving the hairpin on the table.

After she left, Yin Hanjiang used his sword to draw an array in the air, casting a simple illusion around the two. Anyone looking from the outside would see the two of them sipping tea and eating while chatting idly, but they could do whatever they wanted within the illusion.

Wenren È frowned and said, "Protector Yin, what's your desire?"

"This subordinate is the Venerable's sword. While the sword exists, I exist. When the sword breaks, I die," Yin Hanjiang said.

He didn't even blink, seeming to say these words instinctively without thinking about them, like he had replayed them many times in his heart and it had already become an obsession.

"You certainly are boring." Shu Yanyan walked out of a corner. Leaning against Yin Hanjiang's shoulder, she said, "A high position, unmatched power, good-looking guys—ah, I mean girls—which one of these wouldn't people desire? Am I not right, Venerable?"

Wenren È said expressionlessly, "I've never thought about it."

Shu Yanyan: ...

Wenren È and Yin Hanjiang were like two lumps of steel, and it brought an unhappy memory to Shu Yanyan's mind.