Chapter 2

Scott knew for sure he certainly was returning to Beacon Hills sometime in the future. He just didn’t know it would be so soon. His mother had rang him telling him one of the puppy pack had been targeted and attacked. Without thinking Scott rushed out of his current life, jumped in his car and floored it all the way to Beacon Hills. During his short journey, he had managed to get a message out to all of his pack and his allies. He worried the whole way, his mother hadn’t told him who was injured so his mind overworked during his journey. Upon arriving Scott didn’t know what to expect. However, he certainly didn’t expect to be rushed upstairs by his mother into the spare guest room and find the puppy pack sprawled across the room while two individuals occupied the bed. Noticing the monitors attached to an unfortunate victim. 

Scott had opened the door violently which meant it had time to swing back and slam harshly, abruptly waking the puppy pack who all jumped up in defensive positions including Mason who had his baseball bat and Nolan holding what looked like a stapler since he was half asleep. Scott hadn’t spotted Corey but he could hear his heartbeat and it was only confirmed when Mason reached for Corey to calm him down. Scott smiled at the group, he was proud of them but he took a step back when a growl made him look up. Liam stood in a defensive position over the individual in the bed. Liam’s eyes flashed gold almost challenging Scott but the alpha knew Liam was scared out of his mind for the individual on the bed. The alpha didn’t even need to growl because a hand appeared on Liam’s leg unconsciously. Liam flipped around crying out, “Theo?”. Scott now knew who had been injured and for some reason he felt the need to call off the pack meeting but a look from his mother told him not to. Liam shook Theo’s shoulders but the chimera didn’t move or open his eyes. 

“Theo?” the continued shaking slowly came to a halt when Melissa spoke up, “Liam. He isn’t waking up and I have no clue why. I’ve spoken to Deaton but he is unsure of what has happened. Theo will wake up in his own time. Give him time”. Liam nodded, slowly getting off the bed but not before leaving a small kiss on Theo’s forehead. As soon as Liam made his way out of the room so did the puppy pack leaving Scott mesmerised. Nolan smiled almost walking into a door, having not been directed from the room by Alec who had come out of his own room since it was almost dinner. The pack will be here soon. A gentle hand found its way onto Scott’s shoulder before he was embraced by his mother, Scott gladly accepted it before the two turned to Theo who lay unconscious to the world. 

“Mum, what’s wrong with him?” Scott asked. Melissa shrugged while directing him from the room, she told him what the boys had come across a few days ago. Scott frowned, the chimera should have been awake by now. Slowly, the two made their way downstairs and into the kitchen, they found a sight of what looked like lost puppies around a table. Scott was vaguely aware of the front door opening while his thoughts ran wild.

“Does someone want to explain to me, why I came back to this god’s forsaken town or why Scott as in big bad alpha Scott sounded worried on the phone. According to my eyes, the puppy pack looks fine, so will someone please explain…mmmh”. “Thank You, Derek”. Derek smirked from where he stood behind Stiles with a hand over the young man’s mouth. Argent smirked from where he stood behind Melissa watching Derek and Peter’s banter, Stiles groaned, getting out of Derek’s grasp before embracing Scott since he hadn’t seen the guy in a couple of months.

An hour later soon found the McCall house full of the pack, there was almost not enough room. Thankfully Corey didn’t mind sitting on Mason’s lap to make room for Lydia who despite her insistence was directed into the seat. Almost everyone was here. Scott looked around the room taking in everyone: Stiles, Derek, Peter, Malia, Lydia, Issac, Argent, Melissa, Sheriff, Parrish and the puppy pack. He watched everyone interact with one another like they had never gone their separate ways. Scott was about to start when a knock at the front door startled all those in the room, since many thought they were all here. Melissa moved to answer the door and smiled at the three standing in the doorway, she greeted them before directing them into the main room.