FORTY-ONE✔️

Depuis le début

  "Are you trying to seek a good face now?".

  "Call it anything, but I'm very sorry Lex. I never realized how true a friend you have been. I was blinded and stubborn. Please forgive me and you can be mad at me if you want to, just know I have my regrets and I don't want to loose you again. We should make this day very great together but I have failed", Keila stopped talking due to how hard she was sobbing now, she hated herself.

  Lexy finally turned around to hug her, and was surprised to find everyone clapping as if they understood what was wrong. She shed a few tears too until her mother decided they had to pull that aside and have some fun.

  They had to get their make up readjusted because the fun was just starting to begin.

    ******

  He hadn't really thought about her since the last time they met, but hearing her voice after he picked an unknown call, he was surprised. It had been a while.

  "How did you get my number?", he asked after.

  "Your friend".

  "Oh who?".

  "It's not meant to be a bother", she laughed.

  "Fine what's up?".

  "Nothing really. I was bored and wondered if you wanted to hang out".

  "With?", he asked his expression mirroring that of surprise as though she could see.

  "Me of course", she sounded embarrassed and he seemed to notice.

  "Oh sorry, I thought it was a group thingy", he thought for seconds and said yes.

  She was very happy and he found himself smiling too.

  "Leave the rest to me, but you'd better get dressed. We will catch a movie".

  "Awhh okay", he felt awkward but wanted to please her.

  She hanged up and Hayden kept wondering. It sounded like a date and he started getting uncomfortable but he wanted to go with her, he just didn't know what to expect.

  He found himself trying to impress her with what he was going to wear, he wouldn't want her to feel bad again that he was acting as if she had forced him.

  ******

  Alex and Dawn has been sightseeing for about thirty minutes and he was glad she was enjoying it. He paused to get her stuffs she seemed to stare at for more time than necessary.

  When they decided to go home later in the evening, Alex knew he had a nice time with Dawn. She was however silent during the ride and he wanted to know if anything was wrong with her. She wasn't smiling either.

  "Dawn", he said and spared her a quick glance.

  "Yeah?. Thanks for this evening, I had a nice time", she added.

  "It's nothing, I'm glad. Are you fine?".

  "Yeah sure".

  "You seem bothered".

  "Hmmn", she took a barely deep breath, as if she would die of the breath cane out harder. "Yeah".

  "Am I stressing you?".

  "No, not at all. It's just Keila".

  "Our daughter?, is there a problem?".

  "I know this might be selfish of me but then I have little time left. I want to see her fulfilled before I leave. She should get married soon and give us a grandchild. She is not young any longer, and she is a woman now".

  Alex didn't say anything after a long while.

  "I guess we should talk to her about this because I've been wanting to bring it to her notice. Just didn't want to put some pressure on her but since you mentioned it, I guess she needs some. Also, I need you to stop thinking you don't have time left. I will do all I can to make sure you're fine".

  "I know what I'm saying Alex, I can't survive this",she sobbed.

  "It's fine. I will try my best Dawn, I promise".

  "I know, but more importantly I need to see my grandchild soon. I have just a child and...."

  "It's okay. She would have been making her own plans towards it too. I promise you I will look into it".

  She didn't say anything after and just fell into her own world of thoughts.

****

Alex and Dawn want a grandchild durrrr, from a Keila who recently got an heartbreak 💔

Kaptaine Babbitt ❤️