To Steal A Wolf's Heart - Why Was This Hidden From Me

Werewolf Rule Number Six: you and your mate are connected. Your inner wolf will react to your mate’s emotions wanting to make them happy and keep them safe. The more you refuse to listen to your wolf the louder it will become and eventually take you over or make you mentally unstable.

(Connor’s P.O.V)

Her mark it’s just like mine, but only males get, “how?” I ask her, “how can this happen”, “I don’t know” she replies looking away from me, “why wasn’t I told of this” I ask, getting angrier, “because it was on a need to know bases, my best friends don’t even know” Maia says, still looking away, “but I am your mate” I snap, “you don’t deserve to be called my mate, you left me, I was defenceless, let alone completely embarrassed that you left me” she yells at me as she begins to shake, “that doesn’t explain why I wasn’t told” I say mock-calmly, “because I didn’t want you to know” she whispers, finally looking me in the eye, “why” I ask again, grabbing her chin, “you already left me, why would I want to give you another reason to stay away” she says, as a tear escapes her eye, i wipe it away and pull her into a tight embrace, I never liked her when I was younger, but seeing her upset and vulnerable like this, makes me want to kill whoever did this to her, only it was my fault.; my wolf is crying out inside me to comfort her and protect her, but it will only make things worse, I’m not ready to settle down just yet, I love being single and able to do whatever I want, and I’m pretty sure she feels the same way. I hear a rustling in the bushes and look up to see Derek and a few others from my pack looking at us, I growl at them, how dear they see my mate’s body, they shrink back and run off. Then I hear a crashing coming through the forest, I begin to growl and put Maia behind me. That’s when i can finally a figure coming towards us. “what the hell” the figure  yells, its Laura, “I’m going make you pay for that you arse hole” Maia yells and turns into a pure white wolf with her abnormally blue eyes, causing her underwear rips off of her, she looks amazing. She pounces on my back and begins to attack me, I turn and fight back, in my wolf is pure black with, black eyes, we are total opposites. We continue fighting and she rips a hunk of meat off my thigh, it will grow back without a mark in half an hour, with that she runs off and I change back to my human form, Laura runs over to me panicking, I turn to watch Maia leave, we make eye contact and all I see is pain, she nods and then runs into the night. Why did she do that, why didn’t she make some story about us being at it like bunnies, to piss off Laura, that’s what she would have done normally. It seems like shes hiding a secret of some sort, one that I have to find out.

(Maia’s P.O.V)

I run home, with my wolf crying out to Connor the whole way. Connor and his pack are staying here and looks up in panic when I come running past. White werewolves are very rare, most look like normal wolves. I run up to my room before changing and chuck on a summer dress. I collapse on my bed and begin to cry, after an hour of crying I get up and go over to my mirror and do my make up and make sure a don’t have big, red puffy eyes, I then pack a bag before going down stairs to find my dad. I walk into the lounge and see him talking to Connor, “Daddy, I’m going to stay at Kate’s” I say not looking at anyone in particular, “but why princess” dad looks at me questioningly, “because daddy I’m due to go on heat tomorrow” I watch all of the young males, including Connors, eyes go straight to me, “and since there is a male pack staying I that it would be easier staying at Kate’s” I say, I really am due to go on heat tomorrow. “You will be fine staying here princess” he says eyeing Connor, ulterior motive much. I huff and then turn round and go up to my room, a few minutes after putting all my stuff away, mom knocks on my door, “go away” I mutter, “sweetie, what’s wrong” she asks concern filling her face, “your husband and remember it’s not my fault if we end up with little werelings running around the place” I say, females get turned on very easily while on heat, mom just laughs, urrrgh parents, “well, sweetie I got you some new clothes and stuff while shopping” I squeal in excitement and we spend the next four hours going through them. After we finished, I chuck on my shorts and a singlet the I use as pjs, I tie my hair back into a long ponytail and head towards the bathroom, I walk in and a few seconds later Connor enters, “why did you do that in the clearing” he asks sounding hurt, my wolf whines and whimpers, “because nothing happened” I reply,  getting my tooth brush ready and brushing my teeth, “you know as well as I do something happened” he growls, “quite frankly Connor, I don’t care what happened” I growl back, grapping a face cloth, “you are my mate” he says looking hurt again, “no Connor not really, remember you have a girlfriend and we haven’t properly mated” I snap, as I wash my face, before he can reply I storm out of the bathroom and go back towards my room. I find my dad sitting on my bed, “what do you want” I sigh, “princess, its going to happen weather you like it or not” he says, “no daddy, Connor will never be my mate” I snap, dad just looks at me, “we will see what happens while you’re on heat” he says before walking out of my room. I sigh and go to bed.

(Connors P.O.V)

I wake up to the best smell I've ever smelt, it makes me crazy and I already feel my erection, I know its Maia, I see Laura sleeping next to me and begin to kiss a line along her neck she wakes up and kisses me back. We end up naked and I take out all my sexual frustration and stress out on her. Im just about finished when I hear a peel of Maias laughter coming from down stairs, along with squels and a guys voice. I shoot up and throw on some pants and leave the room with Laura looking at me and asking me to stay, I wish it was Maia in her place, I would have stayed then. I race down stairs to see who maia is with, it’s a male I don’t know, I step in front of maia and begin to growl, but she jumps around me and tackles the guy over. Shes sitting on his chest, still in her pjs, “you still want that baby” she giggles, the male nods, she smiles in delight, “ohhh, we have to go tell daddy ” she screams, she grabs the males hand and they tear off in the direction of her fathers study. I follow behind.