Landon's pov (59)

Start from the beginning

Florida disentangles us from each other in a wild murmur. We look around and see the uproar we've caused.
"Dude, that was something else!!" He clapped my hands with his. Shaking me.

"Hell we were gonna find you both a room yeah?" Texas yells in laughter.

Shania confidently walks back to her position while I turn to see that Kendall is nowhere here.

"Hey where did she go?" I ask Florida.

"Your bestie took off as soon as you had shawty in your arms" he jokes.

I rush out in search of her.

"K!" I call at her in the dark.
She's seated on the big bed in the dark.

"Are you crying?..." I stand before her but she stands and takes off.

"Hey wait up" I grab her hand.

"Lan, can you please let go of me ?"

"Not until you tell me what the problem is. Is it Jordan again?"

"What Jordan?... You were kissing her! You guys almost did it in public!" She shouts abhorred by the event.

"It's just a game K, what would you have me do?"

"I should have given a random guy BJ then? Would you mind?"

"Of course not. I understand it's a game and besides you're free to do whatever you want with anybody it doesn't matter"

"Huh?... Are you serious?" She asks in shock.
I'm left wondering why she's looking at me like I've suddenly developed a horn.

She's contemplating on what to say next.

"Does this mean nothing to you?" Gesturing with one hand at both of us.

"You'll always be my best friend K and nothing can change that_"

"Best friend?!" She whispers.

I'm going over my mind trying to understand why she's suddenly shocked that we're besties. Isn't that what we've always been.

"I need air" she walks out on me but I follow her despite.

She's hyperventilating when I reach. She's grabbing at her chest and I realize she's about to have an attack.

"Calm down K, where's your inhaler, did you come with it?" I ask soothing her back.

She doesn't respond, she bends clutching her knee in tiredness and continues panting.

I rush inside to get help, luckily Flo has an inhaler, I hurry up to his room and rummaging through his drawer, I find one.

Suddenly my phone pings in my pocket and I take it out to see what it's about. It's a text from Jessica.

1am: I'm pregnant and I think it's yours!.

My heart drops from its cage in that millisecond, the trembling of my hands lets my phone drop in a noisy shatter. Slowly I rest on the large foam gathering my uneven breath.

This must be a joke!... I assure myself. Jess must be pulling my legs in a bid to punish me for calling it quits.

Picking up my broken screen I dial her line hesitantly.

"Jess, what is the meaning of what you just sent me?" I ask in fear of the unknown.

She makes a sniffing sound like she's been crying.

"Are you crying?"

"No.... Yeah I am, I've been in the bathroom for hours and my sisters are banging at the door nonstop like witches. I'm so scared to open up... mum will kill me if she finds out Lan, I'm so scared" she wails over the phone, her cries coming out in fits.

I feel my chest clench harder, I'm about to go crazy here. My thoughts swerving around like a brakeless car.

"Jess, are you being serious?... Is this some kinda joke?" I whisper.

"Why would I pull such an expensive prank on you? I just did a test and it's double lines. Lemme show you_"

"No, no ,no! Don't" I interject but a message already popped into my phone. I click on it and it's a picture of a double red lines pregnancy test kit.

My phone slips from my hold as I palm my face in terror. Reality struck me, there goes my long time dream, there goes my second chance at proving myself to Dad. And there goes nothing.

I'm officially an outcast.

********

Kendal pov

What's taking him so long? My foggy brain thought. He should've been here by now, I squat on the floor resting my shaky legs, I try to concentrate on my breathing, I've done this before whenever I forget an inhaler.

My asthma isn't as bad as people think, it hardly gets triggered unless in very poor conditions but since my fall out with Jessica's I've been having a series of episodes.

"Here you are, I've been looking everywhere for you" a familiar cold voice says.

Kendal looks up to see Terri in his usual sadistic manner burning a stick of cigarette.

"He's finally left you out of his caring eyes Tboy, I'm sure he has more important things to attend to than your sorry weak heart!"

"Stop!" I rub at my aching chest.

Terri squats beside me dabbing the fiery part of the cigarette deep into my skin. I wail in anguish, pushing at him with force.

His maniac laughter resonates through the empty poolside. Before I can get over my pain he grabs me by my arm and shoves me deeper into the dark with ease.

"Stop! Stop it right now Terri or I'll scream down this building!" I cry struggling out of his hold.

"Did you fuckin tell Brookes about Jess and I huh?... Is that why he ended things with her?!!" His deep voice thundered. With one giant hand he holds my both arms behind grabbing my face to meet his horror filled eyes.

"No I didn't, I swear to God I didn't say anything to anybody you can ask Landon!" I stammer in tears, my fear of him dispersing any form of panic attack I was going through.

He lets go of my face and I wanted to sigh in relief when he landed me a swift but painful skin tearing slap whipping my head back. I wail so hard. I start kicking at him screaming but he shoves his stiff phalanges inside my mouth to muffle my cries.

I bit him so hard that my teeth were jittery. He quickly pulls it out, pressing my cheeks together like he's about to snap my jaw apart.

I kick him on his foot probably targeting his jewel but I'm sure he's more clever than I am.

"If you think you can kick me down there then you're wrong" he spits in my face pressing harder on my jaw.

At this point I can't feel my hands behind me because his grasp is too strong.

I mumble apologies to him but he doesn't seem to care.

"Do you know what we do to sluts like you back in the trenches?... Huh?!!!" He barks and I shake in fear.

His guilty eyes look over the surroundings before coming back to mine. "You're damn lucky this ain't that kinda place, I would've torn you to pieces and you ain't gon tell nobody cos I'll pull a bullet through you before you do, you hear me?!!!"
I nod obediently in tears.

"One word from your lips about me or Jess, I'll blow your brain's out like PUFF!" he makes a gun-like sign before shoving me down in the grass and just like that he's gone.