Kendall's Pov (21)

Her unapologetic message popped in this morning while I was preparing Jordan and me for school. It sounded like something written in a hurry or on second thoughts to make me feel less angry at her for not being a better friend.

But I'm not alright, she hurt my feelings and our relationship. As friends, we all have our shortcomings but we bear with each other not call me out for something I had no hand in.

Ever since Jessica started hanging around Yvy, her attitude got worse. I remember how we used to make plans to set booby traps for Yvy and crew for all the bad things they've done to people like us. But I guess she's no longer "like us" then.

I'm perched on the silver railings upstairs at one of Florida's house parties amidst crazy people, watching Jessica PDA with Landon downstairs while her 'girls' as she now refers to them cheer. It's so sickening recalling how she hated and talked down on other girls who did the same.

Grasping the railings, my hands tremble with bittersweet emotions. I'm uncertain if subjecting myself to this view will persuade my stubborn heart to obey and cease its relentless beating for him, even just for a day.

I refuse to shed more tears; I'm tired of crying and concealing my emotions—a tumultuous ride. Instead, I plant my feet firmly on the ground, determined to observe, concentrating on embracing and feeling every aspect of the pain.

She's nearly draped over him on the couch, showering him with intense kisses and hugs. I detect his discomfort as his eyes dart around, seeking an exit. Though I could have been his way out, I've consciously chosen not to always be there for Landon Brookes, recognizing the pitfalls it brings.

He gently shoves her away, creating a breathing space between them. I can see the disappointment etched on her face as he whispers something to her. She moves closer again wanting to continue from where they stopped but he's already up on his feet towards the snooker table.

I notice Yvonne and Mindy snigger in mockery of her. She's unsure of what to do next.
Go after him or pretend it's all good? Well, she chooses the latter, smiling as if she weren't just tossed away by her boyfriend.

"Hey T-boy," someone says behind me. In my usual response to that horrible nickname, I snap at the unfortunate fellow.

"What?!"

"Hey, it's just me King," he says in surrender. His bouncy curls are moist and all over his cute face.

King-Cairo is cute, everyone knows that and everyone loves him for that plus his famous mum. Jordan and I loved watching her reality shows on Sundays, binging with some ice cream.

I've never had the opportunity to ask him why he's never been on it. I mean her crazy fans would've loved to know she has a cute ass son with beautiful curls.

"Hey sorry, I'm not used to being sneaked up on," I say with an awkward chuckle.

I'm not in his league so it's okay for me to act weird. He hardly talks to me, we sometimes hang out with Landon.

"Nah it's okay, my bad. Been a while since I've seen ya. You okay?..."

Is he serious now? I stare in utter surprise.

"I know it's awkward n stuff but I enjoy vibing with ya. It's been a while since Landon talked about ya you know" that got me.

"Wait what?... Landon talks about me?" I'm so curious now.

"Hell yeah like every time, I thought you knew since you guys are like besties or some shit. Gets me jealous sometimes. I'd wish to have a cool bestie like you" he smiles smoothening his curls repeatedly. That's like an unconscious thing he does regularly.