Chapter Seven: The Creel Massacre

Start from the beginning

Everyone turned around to look at her and watched as she scribbled on the paper, not that any of them could actually see what was being said but she never usually was as quiet as she had been recent. It was actually very concerning but they were trying their best to help her, they just hoped they'd get there in time.

"Did she sleep?" Dustin asked.

"I mean would you?" Lucas questioned him.

Before he could answer a door slammed up the stairs and footsteps could be heard banging against the steps as two people running down them as if in a hurry. As if they'd come up with some amazing plan that was going to help Max and save them as well. Nancy appeared first, looking proud yet a little nervous about what was about to be said. Robin on the other hand stood next to her and as always had a confident look on her face, though she too wasn't sure about the plan that they'd both just come up with. It was pretty crazy and would be difficult to succeed in it.

"Okay," Nancy spoke first. "We have a plan." She said and then sat everybody down, her and Robin taking a seat as well.

Steve looked through the clipboard that they had passed over and started to read through the information as they spoke. Whatever this plan was it looked like it had been figured out and planned pretty well.

Robin looked at them all, "thanks to Nancy's newspaper minions we are now rock-star psychology students at the University of Notre Dame." She explained.

"I'm now Ruth," Nancy told them.

"And I'm Rose," Robin said.

Steve raised his brow and tried not to laugh, "Ruth?" he questioned, receiving a small shrug from Nancy and a roll of the eyes.

Dustin looked very surprised, "Nice GPA" he complimented them on their skills before they continued.

Nancy spoke up again, "So we called Pennhurst Asylum, told them we'd like to speak to Nellie Brown and Victor Creel for a thesis we're co-writing on paranoid schizophrenics-"

Robin interrupted her, "to which they said no." She said. "However we landed a three o'clock with the director. So now all we have to do is charm him and convince him to let us talk to Nellie and Victor."

Nancy sighed, "Then maybe we can rid Max of this curse."

Steve looked quite impressed with the both of them. "Yeah about that we've been doing our Victor Creel and Nellie Brown homework and we've got some questions, lots of questions."

"So have we. Hopefully, they will have the answers."

Steve looked at the pages again and then looked up. "Wait wait wait- wait a minute. Where's mine?" He asked, motioning to the character profiles that they'd made up."

"Well-" Nancy started.

Steve shook his head and followed her into the other room where she was gathering outfits for herself and Robin, "No! Nancy you're out of your mind if you think I'm babysitting again."

Nancy rolled her eyes as she went through the closet, "okay first of all they're not babies anymore. And Max is in real danger she needs people around her."

"I know! But why does it always have to be me?" He asked in annoyance before Robin burst in going on about the Tom Cruise poster that Nancy had on one of her walls and laughing about it, before being told not to touch anything.

Then came Steve again with his constant complaining about his 'motherly duties' "I just- I can't do anything here, Nance! Maybe I can be helpful with this asylum director dude. I don't know I could like- turn on my charm."