"What's going on?" I asked after standing behind the three girls in a moment of silence.

All three of them looked startled as they turned towards me. Whatever was happening had their attention completely captured.

"They're arguing." Sasha said quietly.

I furrowed my eyebrows at her, wondering what Laurance and Garroth possibly had to argue about. However, as I turned my eyes up towards them I realized that's not who Sasha was talking about. I couldn't see Garroth's face as he was turned away from me, but standing across from him I could see he was really talking to Nickel.

It was hard to get into an argument with Garroth. He's always so calm even in the worst of situations, I know that for a fact given the way I treated him last year. 'It's okay' is not a normal reaction for someone who had just found out their girlfriend kissed someone else.

Although I couldn't see Garroth's face, I could see Laurance's. He stood there not saying much and his expression barely changing from quiet listening. We were a mere few feet away from them but it was still hard to hear the somewhat hushed talking,

"About what?" I asked.

"I don't know. It was just Garroth and I when I got here, it was a pretty awkward few minutes before he showed up." Sasha said. She motioned towards the guys and although it wasn't exactly clear who she was motioning to I assumed it was Nickel.

Although Sasha had spent all summer with all of us she still hadn't really warmed up to Garroth. I don't think anyone else really noticed but I did, and so did Garroth. Their few conversations were almost always instigated by Garroth and were always very short. Sasha claimed she had no problems with Garroth but her distance from him always said otherwise.

"Saying what? Have they ever even talked?" I asked.

"Isn't that something you should know?" Katelyn questioned.

Everyone in the school seemed to think Garroth and I share a brain because we're dating. No matter who I'm talking to I'm always expected to know what Garroth knows.

"I don't keep tabs on Garroth." I said.

"Well why don't you start. It's useful to know all the stuff he does." Katelyn said.

"I'll start right away." I said. I looked away from Katelyn and back up to the guys.

Every interaction I have had with Nickel he seemed sweet and quiet, almost like Garroth. Looking at the standing so close you could plainly see they didn't have much in common looks wise, other than both of them being insanely attractive in their own ways. Garroth was tall and skinny, but Nickel was taller and much more broad. They were both muscular and yet somehow Nickel made Garroth look small.

"Is it just me or could he whoop Garroth's ass?" I asked.

"Nope, definitely not just you." Katelyn muttered.

"What are you talking about? Garroth doesn't loose fights." Cadenza said turning towards us.

"Yeah, not against Jeffery or Zenix. He fights tiny guys." Katelyn stated.

A stifled laugh escaped my mouth even though it didn't feel like it was a good time to be laughing.

"What about Gene?" I asked.

"Gene and Garroth have never fought." Katelyn said, "They just threaten it."

"That's just cause Gene's a-"

I had been looking at the boys, but Cadenza falling into me dramatically got my attention instead. She fell to the side into my shoulder first. She stood up easily with my help but she wasn't looking over at me, nor was I looking at her.