Volume 8: Duel

Chapter 2

Yato Pov:

Yato: Now that this is over...

I just finished registering my group with the teacher in charge...I was walking where the other groups were waiting until I notice that everyone already left the gymnasium...

Yato: Sighs... Even my own group didn't even wait for me

I just continued to walk until I arrived at the door to exit the gym... I opened it and immediately saw everyone a little further... but not only the first year...Even our senpai was there...

Yato: The large group formation should be later...

But as soon as I left the gym and closed the door behind me I noticed that a certain person had noticed me...

???: Oh it was about time Fukazawa... we were about to start without you!

It was Nagumo Miyabi... the current President of the Student Council. Not too far from him, I could see Horikita Manabu... These two stood out a lot compared to the others senpai... And in front of them, No one from our year was acting as THE leader of our year...The first-year boy that was standing out of the lot.

Maybe Katsuragi would have played this role but since he lost to Sakayanagi he just stayed behind...

But since Nagumo just called my name... it brings the attention of everyone to me...sadly...

Yato: Oh President Nagumo! You shouldn't have waited for me...act as if I wasn't there...

I said this in a semi-sarcastic tone that seems to amuse Nagumo... Of course, he knows that me calling him ''President Nagumo'' was my usual attitude when I'm fooling around...

Nagumo: Oh but I think your opinion was worth it! We were currently debating on something!

But before I could even answer anything else...

Horikita: Stop it Nagumo... When I said not to include the first year in all this, Fukazawa was a part of it!

Horikita who was behind Nagumo decided to intervene... Nagumo just took a glance behind him with his usual smile...

Nagumo: What? I wanted the thought of the first year on if we should make the large group right now? You Horikita-senpai don't have any problem with it, right?

Horikita: Sighs... No, it could be a great thing to do them right now.

Satisfied with Horikita's answer... Nagumo starts looking at me again...

Nagumo: Then you, first year, what do you think about it?

He said the first year but his gaze was on me... as if he wanted MY answer...

But to his disappointment... I just walked over to where my group was...Seeing that I wasn't answering... the A-Class decided to speak up...

Matoba: We don't have any problems as well Nagumo-senpai.