late : Conrad

Jeremiah was late once again. He was supposed to be my escort to the ball. (I forgot what it's called so I'm gonna call it that.)

I sighed as I checked my phone for any messages from Jeremiah. I wasn't surprised when I saw none. "Is your partner not here?" Nicole Conrad's ex asked me. "Um I'm sure he's just late" I laughed it off while looking at my hands. "Hopefully" she said patting my shoulder as she walked off with her partner.

"All right! Get together with your partners and we'll start!" The head said clapping her hands. I quickly walked up to her "Can I use the restroom please" I spoke. She gave me a stern look "Make it quick" I nodded then rushed out the door.

I leaned against a wall as I tried to call Jeremiah. "Ugh" I shouted when he wasn't answering. I heard someone laugh and I looked up to see Conrad staring at me with his back to the wall. "Why are you here?" I asked clearly stressed. "I came to stalk you of course. Trouble in paradise?" He asked with a smirk. "I need you to be my partner. At least for today." I  looked down at my phone one last time, nothing. "Where's Jeremiah" he asked trying to get out of it. "You think I know" I said looking through the glass doors of the class. "They're about to start come on" I said dragging him behind me.

"Looks like you found your partner!" The head cheered drawing attention to Conrad and I. "Yep!" I said taking a small look at Nicole. She didn't look the slightest bit happy. "Places everyone!" I dragged Conrad over to my spot. "Thank you Connie" I said as we started doing the waltz, he was surprisingly good at it. "It's not like I had a choice" he laughed staring into my eyes.

Dance practice was almost over, this was the funnest practice yet. Conrad and I kept getting yelled at for talking which made us disrupt the class even more. "Conr" I cut myself off when I looked through that classroom glass. I rolled my eyes making Conrad give me a confused face. "Turn around" I whispered. Conrad spun me around so he could see what I was looking at.

Class was finally over. "A little late don't you think" I hissed as Conrad and I walked out of the class, walking over to Jeremiah. "I'm sorry I slept I-" I cute him off. "Obviously your not committed enough" I sighed "that's why Conrad is taking your place" I said taking Conrad's hand starting to walk out of the building. "Dude seriously" Jeremiah yelled following behind us. "Yeah seriously" I said not looking back.

Before I got in the car I turned to Conrad. "Thank you Conni-" he cut me off placing a small kiss on my cheek. He looked down at me with a gorgeous smile. "Anything for you love" he said leading me into the car.

Today didn't go how I planned but I'm glad it happened the way it did.