Part 17

*BEEEEEPPPPPP*

Akshu groaned as she leaned forward and lay her forehead on the dashboard of the car.

"Pihu...please itni zor se nahi..." she whispered as her head pounded.

"Hmm? Kya kaha tumne VS? Maine suna nahi. Zara zor se bolo na VS?" Pihu said loudly with a grin as she parked the car and stared amused.

Akshu shifted her head on the dashboard to look at Pihu with squinted, irritated eyes.

"Pihu...ek baar aur VS bulaya toh...Ma ko unki pearl set ke bhare mein bataungi kasam se" Akshu threatened and then regretted it right away as she realized what she had started.

"Goenka's ko tooti hui statue ka kissa bataungi!" came an instant reply as both began getting out of the car, Akshu once again flinching at the doors being slammed.

"Hospital se bacho ki chori!" Akshu threw back strongly.

Pihu glared at Akshu as she waited for the trunk of the van to open.

"Main bacha chor nahi hu VS! Baba ka favourite stethoscope!" She continued while taking out picnic supplies.

"Woh Vikas ne thoda tha, maine nahi." Akshu defended herself as she sat in the newly emptied half of the trunk and leaned her head on the window with her eyes closed.

"Aur Vikas ko stethoscope mila kaha se VS?" Pihu questioned with a sarcastic smile and a sugary sweet voice.

Akshara sighed before pulling out the big guns.

"Karan Tripati."

With one eye open she looked at Pihu's back and watched as she froze before turning.

"Akshu...Meri pyari Akshu! Tere sar mein dard hai haina? Main pata nahi kya baatien lekar beth gayi. Tu aram kar, main yeh saman dekh lungi!" Pihu reassured sweetly as she returned to sorting the matts and fold up chairs.

Akshu, eyes closed, bit her lips trying to hold in her laughter. She'd never out Pihu's secrets and she knew Pihu wouldn't either but they'd somehow begun this little competition a few months into their friendship.

Suddenly the car shook a little and the motion pulled her out of her memories. Smiling a little, she straightened up before leaning the opposite direction and sighing happily.

"Yeh Karan kaun hai?"

"Tha ek badtameez ladka. Pihu ne uski nak aur haath thod di ti...kisi ko pata nahi hai, tum bhi batana mat." She whispered back and hugged his arm.

"Pihu? Pihu ne ek ladke ki aisi pitayi ki thi?" He questioned with a hint of respect in his voice.

"Size pe mat jao. Pihu ne bachpan se training li hui hai martial arts mein." She warned him, frowning as the sun peaked through the clouds and irritated her hungover self.

Seconds later a shadow fell over her face, saving her from the bright light. Peaking with one eye, she smiled softly and pulled his other hand back down.

"Thak jaoge Abhi. Main theek hu."

"VS! Tum-" Pihu stopped mid sentence as she finally turned around and spotted the newest audience to her ramblings.

Her face turned stony for a few seconds as she remembered what she'd been trying to forget since last night.

Today's the day, she thought as she looked at Abhimanyu Birla. The man who would either hold Akshu's hand forever or become the last straw to break the camel's back.

Quickly shaking her head, she let out a breath as her foot began shaking in annoyance.

"VS! Matlab itne der se main khud se baat kar rahi thi?" Seeing Akshu cringed made her realize she was louder than she had intended.