𝘤𝘩𝘢𝘱𝘵𝘦𝘳 𝘧𝘪𝘷𝘦... 𝘀𝗼𝗺𝗲𝘁𝗵𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝗳𝗶𝘀𝗵𝘆

Start from the beginning

emma assured the brunette, "we'll keep looking until we find something. besides, it's always better to have more than one person doing research. the more people that help, the quicker, it'll be done" she placed her hand on alexa's right arm.

"emma's right, lex." lewis agreed with the blonde, "and besides, you girls are here with a scientist who can help you with what you're looking for."

emma rolled her eyes, "enough with the scientist comments and make yourself useful, lewis."

lewis sighed before he got out his equipment and began to take water and rock samples for testing. after that, he stood up and picked up his equipment, "right, i've got what i need to test." before anyone could reply to lewis, a phone began to rang and lewis picked it up, "it's for you, emma."

emma frowned in confusion before she swam to the edge of the pool and held her hand out. lewis passed her phone to the blonde who answered the call, "hello? hi, mum. yeah, i'll be right there. ok, bye." she ended the call. she passed her phone back to lewis, "that was my mum. my parents are getting ready for our family game afternoon that we have every week. i've got to get going."

"bye emma." lewis said as he waved at the blonde.

"alright then, get home safely, em." alexa told the blonde who sent a smile to her two friends before she dove underwater and made her way back to the gold coast.

"well then, lex. i've got what i need. i'm gonna run some tests and then i'll do some research at the cafe tomorrow." lewis informed the brunette.

"i'll join you in doing some further research at the cafe. right now, i'll probably head to the beach and do some painting." alexa replied to the mccartney.

"see you tomorrow." lewis said before he waved goodbye to the brunette before he made his way out of the moon pool.

"bye, lewis." alexa called before she dove into the water and made her way to the gold coast.

👑

ONCE ALEXA HAD ARRIVED AT THE SECRET HIDING PLACE WHERE SHE USUALLY LEAVES HER TOTE BAG, SHE LOOKED AROUND CAUTIOUSLY TO MAKE SURE NO ONE WAS AROUND BEFORE SHE PLACED HER NECKLACE ON SO HER HUMAN FORM RETURNED. she stood up only to wobble on her feet due to being in her mermaid form for three days straight. once she found her footing, she picked up her tote bag and made her way to the beach.

alexa placed a blanket on the sand before she sat down on it. she tied her hair to a low bun with the front pieces of her hair down before she got out her painting equipment. she stared in front of her to see the waves crashing onto the sand and people having a fun time in the water as they splashed water at one another.

alexa smiled at the scene in front of her before she began to paint the landscape in front of her. the golden sand was a perfect contrast to the ocean. she was so focused on her painting that she didn't hear footsteps making their way towards her. 

"well if it isn't the girl who i call speedy." an obnoxious voice said which caused alexa to look up from her work. she squinted her eyes due to the sun hitting her in eyes. she rolled her eyes when she realised it was niall henderson, the guy she showed around the school a few weeks ago.

"are you ever going to stop calling me speedy?" she inquired.

niall threw his head back as he laughed, "no. the nickname has stuck for you, speedy."