"Cute, Lilah." He said sarcastically as he gripped my wrists. He pushed the left one down and raised my right hand. "Oops, looks like I broke your scale." I looked up at him with a small toothless smile. We were closer now and his head was dipped so it was close to mine. "Come on, it'll be fun." He dropped my hand.

"Steve, I'm not a huge sports fan."

"It's not about that! It's about having school spirit." I raised my eyebrow, unamused. "Okay... it's about eating nasty trash food while hanging out with your friends."

"But it's going to be with you." I joked. He chuckled, licking his lips as he looked to the side.

"You're so funny." He said sarcastically. I smiled up at him cockily. He looked back over at me. "Just have fun with me."

"Mmm..." I hummed, looking around for another excuse.

"Okay, now you're just being rude."

"No, you're just full of yourself."

"What! I am not!" He squealed. I chuckled and placed my hands on my hips.

"Steve, let's be real with each other for a second," I suggested, challenging him with my stance.

"Okay, fine. I don't want to go by myself."

"Okay."

"Okay?"

"Fine. I'll go with you."

"Yes!" He nodded and placed his hand on my waist. My face turned to confusion as he pushed my waist so I spun around and his arm rested on my shoulders. "It's going to be fun." He said as he began to lead me back to my car. "But why don't you go home for a bit, maybe take a nap, and I'll come to pick you up?" He opened the door for me and I looked over at him.

"Why aren't you taking Nancy?" I asked, holding onto my car door.

"She hasn't been here, and you look like you need someone." He explained. My jaw dropped and my eyebrows pulled together.

"Excuse you!"

"I am always right, Lilah." I rolled my eyes and he gave a small smile as I looked at him. Maybe he was the one normal thing I had in my life right now.

"Thanks, Steve." He smiled and nodded.

"Now, go home and I'll pick you up at six." I sat in my car and he shut the door for me.

I drove to Hopper's house and showered. He still wasn't home. He was going to love the fact that I wasn't going to be home tonight by the time he got home. When I got out, I changed into cleaner clothes. Nothing crazy, just jeans and a striped long sleeve shirt.

I brushed out my hair, looking at my mirror. I then noticed Steve's jacket on my chair from last night. It was crazy to think he gave me that last night. I debated if I should wear it just to tease him before I gave it back, but I decided against it. I was going to give it back today.

I was going to touch up my blush, but I realized it was still with Mike. I had to go with no makeup tonight. It didn't matter because Steve and I were just going as friends. I felt awkward now that I thought about going to him for comfort.

I figured all of this was a mistake and I should just call him and tell him not to come. But I couldn't get to my phone quick enough before I heard the door. I sighed and grabbed his folded coat and my purse. I stuffed the walkie-talkie in it before slinging it over my shoulder.

When I opened the door, Steve was leaning against the post. He took his time until his eyes reached my face. He licked his lips and formed a small smile. I chuckled at the way he was acting.