Fight For Me- Chapter 1

Sliding on my ratty old converse, I walked out of the old mansion that my family owns and made my way down the winding driveway. I looked over my shoulder at the sun in the middle of the sky. It was already noon. I really wasn’t looking forward to tonight.

                Jess, my best friend, was forcing me to go to a Masquerade Ball with her for her sister’s 21st birthday. To be honest, when I turn 21, I would just want to get smashed at a bar with good friends, not waste away at a masquerade ball.

                I heard footsteps behind me and turned slowly, already knowing who it was.

                “Scott, go away,” I sighed. Just his presence irritated me. He smirked at me with his hands stuffed into his pocket. “Seriously, Ronnie’s going to be up soon. He’ll be wondering where you went.”

                “I left a note,” if possible, his voice got even more smooth and cocky and his smirk turned into a wide smile as I scoffed and headed towards the woods.

                “Stop following me. I’m serious; I will kick you in your balls again. Don’t think I won’t.”

                “I’ll just keep a distance,” he said after he grimaced at me, remembering. “Though of course, I won’t be trying to kiss you this time.”

                I snorted before mumbling, “You better not.” He chuckled and I turned around, ready to punch him in the face. This was not what I had wanted by coming out here. I wanted to run. I wanted my red hair to blow in the wind and not have to worry about anything but my footing.

                “Rikki!” Scott grunted as he caught my fist, inches from his face.

                “Scott!” I said mimicking his girly squeal. He dropped my fist and I walked forward, hoping he’d get the hint and leave.

                “Feisty, I like it,” I could tell he was smiling. Without thinking, I spun my body, jumping, and kicked Scott right in the jaw with a sickening crack. He staggered back two steps before falling onto the ground. I smirked to myself.

                I still had it.

                “You… You round house kicked me in the face?” he looked shocked, as though I didn’t have it in me. He spit blood onto the leaves.

                “Looks that way, huh?” I said sarcastically. Idiot, I thought to myself. I rolled my eyes and started jogging down the trail. “Bye Scott!” I called over my shoulder and I caught myself smirking.

                “You think I’m giving up that fast?” he called from fairly close behind me. I kicked it up a notch, running faster, knowing the kick he had received would make him dizzy.

                “I was hoping…” I looked over at him as he steadily ran by my side. I groaned, “But apparently I was wrong.”

                “Track team my entire high school career,” he chuckled and started running in front of me. He turned around and smiled a 100-wat smile. He was expecting me to swoon into his arms like all the other girls would.

                “You’re acting like you graduated 10 years ago. Not a year ago,” I look beyond his shoulder. A sharp turn was coming up. I debated in my head whether or not I should warn him.

                “Feels like it. You know how many girls I’ve been with since graduation that would love to be here right now?” he cocked his eyebrow. Yep, he was going to slam into a tree trunk backwards.