First kiss: Imagine

You hated Mattheo with all your heart. 

 He was your enemy. He was the one person who could ruin your mood just simply by looking at you with those deep chocolate brown eyes as sweet as his smile. . . Damn it. I'm not supposed to think about his eyes. Or his smirk followed by the way he raised just one of his eyebrows quizzing you. DAMN IT!  You sighed knowing that you couldn't help the way you thought of him anymore.

The bell rang pulling you out of your confusing thoughts. You really didn't want to begin to unravel the mess that was your brain. It was potions class. Snape thought it was a bloody brilliant idea to put you and Mattheo next to you. So he was your lab partner for just about everything. He still hadn't come to class yet. Not that you cared though. You'd much rather stay in a good mood than have him show up and ruin your potion. You both knew that it would only result in your fault. You'd get a bad grade and points taken from Slytherin and the whole house would kill you. Mattheo never got in trouble though. Snape loved him. Seeing how he was the son of The Dark Lord and Snape on a Grape here was always pretty sketchy about the information Mattheo could bring to the table. 

But, to your chagrin, he did come in. Just late. You sighed as he sat down smirking at you.

"Miss me Princess?"  he asked belittling. 

"Oh yes, it brought me such a terrible sadness when I thought you weren't going to be here today." You answered sarcastically hitching your voice up about three octaves and caressing his forearm patronizingly. You surprised yourself when you felt muscle underneath his robes. 

"You know it, baby." He winked and placed his hand on your mid-thigh. 

"Oh, bugger off dumbass." You said losing all patience with him and shoving his hand off you. Though, your skin blazed where he had touched you. You hated the effect he had on you. Whether you liked it or not it was there. 

He chuckled at you as Snape pulled the class to attention. "Can anyone tell me what kind of potion you think this is?" He asked holding up a small palm-sized bottle in the shape of a heart. It was light pink with shimmering gold specks in it.  It was an awfully pretty potion. Especially so compared to the odd newt's toe concoctions you were used to. To no one's surprise, Granger's voice filled the room. 

"That Sir is the Amortenia potion. It is the most powerful love potion in the world. It is distinctive for its mother-of-pearl sheen in the gold. It smells different to each person, according to what attracts them. " She says pointedly. Matteo leans into my ear and whispers " Not surprised bookworm knows that. She probably used it once or twice on Weaslbee."

"Mr. Riddle, Miss. Y/l/n. If you are so pointed as to interrupt my class with your own conversation then why don't you both come up here and tell the class what you smell? " He stares down his spindly noes at you. You both sigh and walk up to the front of the classroom. You scowl at Mattheo, who only smirks at you. 

"Go ahead Y/n," he says removing a hand from his pocket and gesturing to the uncapped bottle in the Professors hand.  You scowl once again and take a sniff. A rather fowl combination met you. 

"It smells of....charcoal," You begin taking another sniff. " cigars, expensive cologne, and . . ." you take another sniff. " cedar wood?" You say slightly puzzled before smirking at Mattheo and walking to your seat.

"Good, thank you Y/n," Snape says but you barely heard him. You were confused by the look you were met with on Mattheo's face. It was constructed by something of recognition, confusion, relief, hope, and anger. It was a very puzzling combination. Especially for that moment.  You furrowed your brows as Theo took a sniff.

"What do you smell Mr. Riddle?" Snape asked as you watched Mattheo's face change. His eyes widened in recognition and then. . . his cheeks reddened? No way you were seeing that right. You leaned forward to get a better look as Mattheo stuttered out, "Um. . .I- I smell roses," He paused and looked over at you. When his eyes met your own he looked down quickly. "a-and um, burnt amber perfume, as well as coconut and vanilla." He stumbled through the last bit and wouldn't meet my gaze as he sat down beside me. 

It dawned on me as I processed what he had said. That's me! Theo smelt me! You had already figured out that you had smelled him. It was kinda obvious to be fair. 

"Theo . . ." You said but were interrupted by the bell. He grabbed his things and hauled them out the door. You followed yelling his name. 

"Mattheo!" He didn't stop. "Mattheo!" You yelled again and grabbed his arm. Once again you were surprised to feel the muscle flexing beneath your hands, as he spun around.

" What do you want?" He hissed. 

"What's wrong Mattheo? After the whole Amortenia thing, you won't talk to me. " You said. 

"I thought you didn't want me to talk to you." He started hastily. 

"Mattheo! Why are you acting like this?!" You shouted at him. He grabbed your arm and hauled you to the astronomy tower refusing to answer any of your questions. 

"Theo-" You were cut off by his lips being pressed against yours. You were surprised to feel his soft perfect lips against you, but you didn't mind so much. You let out a breathy sort of sound as you melted into the kiss. This caused him to pull you closer by your hips. Your hands felt their way to the soft curly dark locks you had dreamt about touching like this and pulled him closer as your lips moved together only pulling apart for breath.  You gazed into each other's eyes and he rested his forehead against your own. 

"Because I have loved you for so long, and hearing you smell me in your Amortenia knowing that I smelled you pushed me over the edge. I didn't want to let myself love you if you didn't love me." He said closing his eyes. You smiled and kissed him passionately again throwing yourself against him. He grunted in surprise but hearing him only fed your need for him. You wrapped your legs around his waist as you clung to the kiss. 

A/n: Dang! It feels so good to get back to the types of things I was writing when I started this book! I know most of you liked the longer imagines, and this one felt so good to write! AHHH! Also, thank you all for the reads. If you skipped my author's note chapter before this please make sure to check it out. It is important and you're missing out! 

Word count: 1180