Chapter 5: Baby, I Believe in You

Start from the beginning

"Yeah, here they are. They're snickerdoodles," Tobey announced, giving us each two.

"Thank you," I politely reacted, taking a small bite to start.

"Leo said you have a pool next door."

"Oh yeah, would you want to use it," I slowly asked.

"Only if it's okay with you."

"Yeah, it's okay. I'll have to go home to change though, unless you don't want me with you guys."

"It's your pool. Of course you're welcome to swim with us." He sounded so positive and cheerful, me hating how backward I was around both of them today.

I nodded before finishing up my snack to get ready. I felt self-conscious in my bikini this time, already seeing Leo and Tobey waiting for me downstairs in the yard from my bedroom. I took a deep breath before walking over to them.

I swore I saw Leo looking me up and down before we were taking turns getting into the water. I sort of lost my breath when I saw Leo's bare chest now glistening with water, trying to stop myself from staring. He was so gorgeous though with his tousled blonde strands, and flat torso, and sturdy chest, and that defined jawline, and...

I gasped when I was suddenly splashed, my mouth hanging open a few seconds.

"Sorry, I accidentally fell in," Tobey apologized.

"I think I'll just sunbathe instead," I awkwardly got out, not able to handle the anxiety welling up inside of me. I needed Clementine for a confidence boost. I lied down on the lawn chair as I soaked up the sun, hearing the guys moving around in the pool occasionally.

"Hey," I heard a familiar voice say to me after about half an hour.

"Hey," I echoed, sitting up some after opening my eyes.

"Tobey had to leave, so I'll probably go back over to my house too." He touched his nose between his hand to get rid of some of the water trickling down it.

"Okay, thanks for telling me. I guess I'll go in my house too." I stood up before grabbing my beach towel. "My parents are putting up the pool tomorrow, since it's supposed to get pretty cold this week."

He nodded slightly as I tried to catch his gaze, but it was stuck to the ground.

"So, how's your Sunday been so far?" I attempted to make conversation, since I wasn't ready for him to leave quite yet.

"It's been good. I slept in and then Tobey came over for basketball."

"Oh, I listened to that Stevie Wonder cd you gave me. I hope I'm not wearing it out. It's just such great music."

He seemed to almost smile as the corner of his mouth twitched faintly. "Yeah, I thought you might like it."

"Do you want it back? It's up in my room."

"Only if you're done with it."

"Well, I mean... I want to give it back now." I tripped over my words, since I wanted an excuse to take him into my house. My parents weren't home at the moment, and I just wanted to be alone with him longer. "You can come with me."

"Alright." He licked his lips as he followed me all the way up to my bedroom. He was studying all my New Kids on the Block posters on my walls, along with other things in the room. I felt my skin burn when I realized I had a bra laying on my dresser, hurriedly hiding it in a drawer.

"I think Isn't She Lovely is my favorite song so far," I randomly said.

"Yeah, it's really nice." He had walked over to look at the pictures of me and Clementine I had stuck to the edges of my full length mirror.

I played the song I had just mentioned, the soft tune reaching our ears as I managed to smile at Leo.

"You can play a New Kids on the Block song if you want. I've been wanting to hear them," he admitted, rubbing the side of his nose before I switched albums.

"This one's my favorite, Baby, I Believe in You," I told him.

"What," he slightly chuckled, seeming to blush a deep red.

"That's the name of the song," I giggled, my face now just as red as his.

"I like it," he nodded, sticking his hands in his swimming trunk's pockets. I had almost forgotten we were still in our swimwear, sort of dancing around as I goofed off. I was surprised when he joined in, us looking funny with how we were moving to the tempo of a fast tune even though this one was fairly slow. We both started laughing as we spun around, me getting so caught up in the moment I did something completely out of character. I ended up standing on my tip toes and pecking Leo's lips, instantly parting as I freaked out. He actually leaned down to give me a simple kiss back though, the melody seeming muted as I looked away after.

"Um... So, here's your cd," I managed to say, grabbing it from my dresser.

"Thanks," he quietly responded before his ocean eyes found mine.

"I think your mom just pulled in your driveway," I quietly observed after glancing out my window.

"Yeah, I better be getting back. I'll see you at school tomorrow."

"Yeah, I'll see you too."

He was walking backwards until he disappeared, me able to hear him hurrying down the staircase. It was only then I realized how fast my heart was still beating.

A/N: Hey guys, I hope you enjoyed this chapter. The dancing scene was actually inspired by the Netflix show, "The End of the F****ing World," and I'm not going to lie, that's where I got the name Alyssa too. XD Lol. I've never seen the show, but I'm obsessed with the clips I've seen of her and James on it. <3 Anyway, please remember to comment, vote, and follow. Thank you so much! <3