11| Rose-tinted glasses

(Y/n)'s eyes fluttered open and all she could see was pink, the surroundings were pink but not a fleshy pink as if you were in Buu. It looked like an actual room; the bed and the sheets were pink. The room began to shake as if there was an earthquake, a gasp escaped her lips and she jumped. Hesitantly she stood on the floor and immediately she recognized Buu's face, the face of evil itself, (Y/n) stepped back as he emerged from the floor and he chuckled, "You must have questions," he stated, she noticed a certain amount of poise in his voice, it felt less rough around the edges and she couldn't quite put her finger on the cause but something was so different. What happened? 

"Speechless? I expected you to put up a fight, hm, I suppose you are smart enough to realize fighting will get us nowhere. It puts me at ease to speak to you this way," he said, his legs were merged to the floor, the off-white of his pants tapered pink as it met the floor. 

(Y/n) mustered up the courage to speak and looked at him wide-eyed, "Surely you meant 'Buu expected you to put up a fight," She said sarcastically. 

"You know me too well but there's something I doubt you know," he said. 

"Well it's difficult to ignore the mannerisms of someone who has terrorized you and your friends for days now," She said. (Y/n)'s wit amused Buu. 

"Would you like me to bring your friends? Try aren't far," he chuckled. 

"You're deflecting, Buu. What don't I know?" (Y/n) asked with visible anger. 

"I'm not deflecting, we're still on the same page, I'm asking if you'd like me to absorb your friends as well there's room for the company," he stated. (Y/n) felt her blood run cold, "What did you do?" she asked. Buu happily reiterated, "I absorbed you, isn't it grand? I have new clothes, a higher lexicon, and this wondrous smelling instrument! I can smell cake! Hold on-" he left abruptly and she was shocked, to say the least and before she could even process this information all the surroundings were gone, the walls morphed back into this purple wet-looking veiny structure and there were pods. 

There were a couple of pods hanging in pink goo structures but she couldn't recognize any of them until her eyes met the largest one, one with Buu. Did he absorb himself? How was this even possible? (Y/n) ran to the pod and gasped, "Buu!" she yelled, he couldn't hear though. she sat down near the pod and bowed her head not even caring about how gross it was she just felt rather helpless, she couldn't help her friends, all the citizens of the world were in danger, how could this happen? 

Buu was a friend, he was becoming such a sweetheart, it's difficult to call him that after all the harm he'd caused but deep down you knew the root of it, he was innocent and that lead him down the path of taking orders from Babidi. It wasn't his fault that he served an evil master, he wasn't pure evil himself, he could love, he loved Mr. Satan, he loved his puppy and he loved her. (Y/n) looked at Buu through rose-tinted glasses, he cared and loved and even agreed to stop killing for his friends. What the four of them had was a family, a rather unconventional one but it certainly felt better than this. 

It was all taken away when Bee got hurt. It was easy to comprehend the anger and hurt he felt when someone he loved got hurt, (Y/n) was just wishing she got to see more of that Buu, the Buu who wasn't a killer. 

He returned, and Buu looked at her with an unreadable expression, it was most close to displeased, "Don't touch him," he ordered. 

(Y/n) huffed, "He's my friend! We could have gotten along had you never taken him away! He was happy! He finally had friends, he was finally free, and not even an hour in he was gone, I'm allowed to mourn," she told him. 

"I'm here, Buu is Buu, stop with your mind games," He said, "You play with Buu's feelings! You do, Buu helped you, Buu killed those who hurt you and Buu took care of you!" he said.