Chapter 18: Deduction Showdown At the Hotel

Start from the beginning

"Well I told him about my victory via text but..." Ran blushed.

"What?!" Sonoko yelled in disbelief. "Shinichi-kun is probably wondering 'That Ran, why hasn't she responded to my feelings? She probably has someone else in her heart.'" Sonoko dramatically exclaimed. "He might get tired of waiting and have a change of heart. He's incredibly popular, you know?"

I looked at Conan and silently laughed.

"Come on, I'm not like that." Conan whispered to me and crossed his arms.

*********

"Groper!" Sonoko suddenly exclaimed. My eyes widened as I saw a person with a fedora hat behind Sonoko. It was Masumi Sera!

"Wait Sonoko, she's not -" I tried to say.

"Ran, it's payback time!" Sonoko said to Ran, who launched a karate attack at Sera. Sera immediately blocked the attack with Jeet Dune Ko.

"Hold on a minute! She's not the groper!" I got in between Sera and Ran.

"Kaiya-neechan is right." Conan explained. "I saw the person seizing the hand of the person responsible for touching Sonoko-neechan's butt. That's how Sonoko-neechan mistook that person for the groper."

"The real groper is him." I pointed to the man that Sera was grabbing.

"So the groper was you?!" Sonoko shook her fists angrily, and chased the groper off the bus when we stopped.

**********

"Forgive me, I almost kicked you without making sure." Ran said to Sera.

"No problem, I'm just glad we cleared up our misunderstanding. Besides, you're my type." Sera said to Ran and leaned in closer to her. "Just joking! Where are you headed?" Sera laughed.

"To Haido Hotel." Ran responded, both her and Sonoko blushing slightly. They must have thought that Sera was a boy.

"What a coincidence. I'm headed there too." Sera replied.

"Conan-kun, what's with that expression?" I teased him. He was clearly jealous. "Did you know that actually -"

"Thank you for earlier." Sera winked at us. "Especially you, little boy."

My eyebrows twitched. Why do I keep getting interrupted every time I want to tell them that Sera is actually a girl.

***********

"According to the Internet, the cake buffet is on the second floor." Sonoko looked at her phone.

"Then let's take the elevator." Conan suggested. While we were waiting for the elevator, I overheard Sera asking the front desk if the hotel had a room.

Soon enough, the elevator opened, only for Conan to bump into a woman who told him that we shouldn't use the elevator as it led to the renovated annex.

***********

"What do you mean the cake buffet is closed?" Sonoko demanded angrily.

"My apologies, there were more customers than we expected." the man at the counter said. Aww I really wanted cake though.

My thoughts were interrupted by a sudden scream from outside. Conan and I ran to the parking lot to see an unconscious man bleeding from his head. I ran to take the man's pulse and shook my head.

"What happened here?" Conan asked the group of people.

"We were in the car backing up when this man fell from the window." a woman (Toshiro Hirukawa) explained. Hirukawa suddenly pointed above. "Oh! I thought just saw somebody there!"