Chapter 1: A world without Goku

Start from the beginning

(Y/N): *Gritting his teeth* H-How could the androids do this?! How could they be so cruel?!

*Gohan looks down not knowing how to respond. (Y/N) lets go of the bunny plushie and clench his fists as he now has all the motivation he needs to make the long-awaited request to his older brother*

(Y/N): Gohan, I want to be stronger! I want to fight the androids alongside you! So, please! Train me so I can help you fight!

*Gohan looks at (Y/N)*

Gohan: If mom finds out you--

(Y/N): She won't! I won't tell her! Please, Gohan... I want to put a stop to these monsters as much as you do!

*Gohan looks deep into (Y/N)'s eyes and he can clearly see the determination he has to become stronger. One he shared too in the past.*

Gohan: (Y/N)... *Smiles* Okay, I'll do it. From now on I'm your master and you're my pupil.

(Y/N): Thank you, Gohan! I won't let you down!

Gohan: *Nods* I know. We'll start your training tomorrow, (Y/N). It's getting late right now and you know how mom gets if you show up late back home.

(Y/N): Yeah...

Gohan: There's still time to check on Bulma and Trunks though, you coming?

(Y/N): Of course.

Gohan: Alright, let's go.

*(Y/N) and Gohan begin to walk through the lonely streets of West City*

(Y/N): (The androids made a real mess of this place... West City was one of the most populated places in the world, but now... there might be 10% of people left here maybe even less...)

*(Y/N) looks around while walking and sees small groups of survivors. Some were crying about the loss of a loved one, some were desperately scavenging through the rubble to find supplies, and some were already accepting their fate and waiting for death*

(Y/N): (This sight is all I've known all my life. I have never experienced what a peaceful life is. Every single time Gohan got home I always saw him return hurt and broken from fighting the androids by himself, mom would get crazy every time she saw him like that... That's why he stopped returning home and just camps out in the open. I might have to do the same if I'm gonna start facing the androids alongside him...)

Gohan: We're here.

*The two brothers arrive at what used to be Capsule Corp. They enter a basement that Bulma and Trunks used as a home and as a base for Bulma to invent stuff*

Trunks: Gohan! (Y/N)!

*Trunks and (Y/N) do their best friends handshake*

Bulma: Welcome back, (Y/N). And good to see you, Gohan~

Gohan: G-Good to see you too.

Bulma: Your timing is impeccable. I just finished preparing dinner. The androids have made it pretty hard to get everything I want. Some ingredients are hard to find. But I try to make up for it with my ability to adapt in the kitchen.

Trunks: Yeah, come on! Stay for dinner!

(Y/N): U-Uhm, I don't know... My mom will get worried sick if I don't make it home in time...

Bulma: Don't worry, I've already called Chi-Chi to let her know.

(Y/N): Oh, well in that case let's dig in!