Prologue

"Parker Monroe-Mitchell, callsign: Rogue is cleared for missions sir."

"Bring her in."

>>><<<

For Parker, it was just another ordinary Tuesday. She got out of bed in her San Diego home, put on an old navy blue hoodie, and then shuffled downstairs to attend to her physical therapy appointment at the local recovery center. Though she liked to believe she was improving, she occasionally still found it challenging to walk at times . A few hours later, she rode the bus back to her house and switched the TV to a episode of FRIENDS That is, until Vice Admiral Beau "Cyclone" Simpson at Top Gun called her.

Since Parker hasn't spoken to anybody from Top Gun since her injury, she hesitated to answer the call out of fear for her future. Parker picked up the phone and froze. But, after three rings, she finally had  the confidence to answer the phone. " Vice Admiral, how may I be of assistance to you?"

"Parker Monroe it has been brought to our attention that you have regained mobility and are able to return back to the field. You are needed at Top Gun for an upcoming mission that will take place 3 weeks from now, we expect you to be here in 2 days for training. Don't let us down."

"Of course sir, I wouldn't dream of it."

Parker hung up the phone and limped upstairs to her bedroom to start packing. As she was packing she pulled out her old uniform and a wave of panic surged over her again, the last time she wore this she had her accident that left her paralyzed. Parker didn't let that stop her from packing determined to prove to herself and others that she is still best of the best in her class. Her accident wasn't the only thing causing her to panic though and this time the panic is a who not a what. A who by the name of Bradley Bradshaw her rival and frenemy since their time at Top Gun. 

Well that isn't her only fear but that one was the only issue that she new would come up, what she didn't realize is that she may be meeting her father sooner than she ever thought. 

After Parker finished packing she loaded her shit up and felt ready to take on this new trial in her life.