The Dursleys

[The screen lit up showing a street before zooming in on number four. Next a narrator's voice spoke as we see a beach ball that is actually a baby, a horse looking woman and a man in an extremely boring tie.]

Narrator : Mr. Vernon and Mrs. Petunia Dursley would like to say that they are very normal, thank you very much!

"You're most very not welcome." Came the Weasley twins' reply as they remembered their brother's second year, this caused a bit of confusion as most people were already confused at why these muggles were being mentioned in the first place.

Narrator : They were the absolute last people you would expect to be involved in anything strange or mysterious, because they simply did not hold with such nonsense.

Many people in the Great Hall were liking these muggles even less. Mr. Weasley even seemed a bit put off about them, the muggle-loving Mr. Weasley already hated these muggles.

Narrator : Mr. Dursley was the director of a drill company called 'Grunnings.' He had hardly any neck but he did have a rather large, thick moustache which he took an immense amount of pride in. Mrs. Dursley on the other hand was the complete opposite of her husband, having twice the usual amount of neck. Not that she minded, it came in quite useful when she was spying on her neighbours over the garden fence.

"She what?" Many people in the hall were completely shocked and appalled.

Narrator : In their opinion, you could find no finer little boy than their son, Dudley Dursley. However, the Dursleys also had a secret, a secret they didn't think they could bear it if anyone found out. They were positive that if anyone in the neighbourhood found out about the Potters they would have to immediately move away. Mrs. Potter was Mrs. Dursley's sister, but they had not met for several years, in fact Mrs. Petunia Dursley pretended that she never even had a sister, this is because her sister and her sister's good-for-nothing husband were about as unDursleyish as it was possible to be. They couldn't bear the thought of what the people around them would think if the Potters were to show up on the street. Petunia and Vernon knew that the Potters had a little boy too, as well as a little girl, twins. They had, however, never met the young children. They were another good reason to keep them away, they didn't want their Duddykins to mix with such children.

Throughout this the hall was eerily silent, nobody in the room liked these muggles, not one cell in one person's body liked these muggles in the slightest.

Narrator : When Mr. and Mrs. Dursley woke up on the dull Tuesday morning that our story starts, well, I guess that I will let you watch and see what happens.

{There is a loud annoying wailing noise coming from behind a door as well as a shrill voice encouraging someone. On this side of the door we can see Vernon Dursley whistling a very out of tune song while adjusting his most boring tie that sat askew on his boring brown suit.}

Petunia : Have a lovely day at the office dear. {she kisses each of his cheeks}

Narrator : Vernon is now in the car on his way to the office when he sees a cat reading a map. {It takes him a moment to register what he saw, he glanced back using the rear view mirror. The cat was now reading the sign that said 'Privet Drive'. But that was impossible, cats couldn't read maps or signs, could they?

Narrator : On the way up to his office, as he is almost at the building, he spots a group of oddly dressed people. Oddly dressed in the way that they are wearing cloaks. 'It must just be some sort of silly new fashion.' Mr. Dursley decided, but he was furious when he saw that one of the people wearing a cloak was not young at all, and he was wearing a bright emerald green cloak.

Narrator : It was a good thing Mr. Dursley was not facing the window, he did not see the hundreds of owls flying past, but the people on the street below did. All in all, Mr. Dursley had a rather enjoyable morning, he yelled at half a dozen people, made some very important phone calls and shouted a bit more.

"How is that enjoyable?" "That dude's crazy!" and "He enjoys yelling at them?!" Was heard throughout the hall.

Narrator : He was in a particularly good mood until he decided to get some exercise.

No one noticed the shocked looks on the Potter twins' faces.

Narrator : He walked across to the bakery

The twin's look of realisation was also unnoticed by the rest of the hall.

Narrator : While he was waiting for his food he couldn't help overhearing or eavesdropping on a nearby conversation.

Person 1 : That's right Harry and Elliana-Rose Potter. Shame about Lily and James though...

Person 2 : Yes, yes, very horrible. And young Harry and Elliana-Rose probably had to watch the whole thing.

Person 3 : Yes, but You-Know-Who is gone at last. Defeated by the twins who lived.

Person 2 : At least that is what we are being told.

Person 1 : They're right you know, the most horrid wizard...

Narrator : This perked Mr. Dursley's interest.

Person 1 : ... unlikely he is gone for good. I bet he's just hiding somewhere, gaining power.

Person 2 : Exactly!

Person 3 : I highly doubt that theory I mean...

Narrator : And Mr. Dursley walked hurriedly away as he received his double glazed donut.

Everyone in the Great Hall looked at Harry and Elliana-Rose, which they skilfully ignored.

Narrator : When Mr. Dursley was on the way back home that evening, he couldn't get those people's conversation out of his head. Harry and Elliana-Rose Potter. It couldn't be to do with his wife's sister's lot, could it? He was sure there were plenty of people who had the last name Potter and two kids called Harry and Elliana-Rose. Come to think of it, he wasn't even sure those were his niece and nephew's names. They could have been Harvey and Sara or Harold and Eva.

"I actually wouldn't mind the name Eva. But never call me Sara, Harry James Potter stop whispering before I start to call you Harvey!" Was spoken softly at first before her voice raised.

Narrator : When he finally got back to number four Privet Drive, he saw the same cat that he had seen this morning. He was sure of it; it had the same markings around its eyes. For the first time in his life, Mr. Dursley wished that he was just imagining things. Something that he had never hoped before, as he did not approve of such things.

Vernon : Eh... Petunia dear, you haven't heard from your sister lately, have you?

Narrator : Vernon asked this after watching the news while Petunia was putting Dudley to sleep. Petunia answered him with pursed lips, like every time they were talking about her sister. Afterall, they usually pretended that they didn't have a sister.

Petunia : No, why?

Vernon : Weird things on the news. Shooting stars... owls... thought it might have something to do with... her lot.

Narrator : Vernon pondered whether he dare mention that he had heard the name 'Potter'. He decided he didn't dare and continued as casually as he could.

Vernon : They have a set of twins, they'd be about Dudder's age now, wouldn't they?

Petunia : Yes, I suppose so.

Vernon : What were their names again? Michael and Jessica?

Petunia : Harry and Elliana-Rose. Horrible, common names if you ask me.

Vernon : Ah, right, right, horribly common.

Narrator : Mr. Dursley's heart sank. He had a hard time falling asleep that night. His last comforting, coherent thought before he fell asleep being, even if their lot was involved in all of this, there was no reason for them to get involved.