Chapter nine

Chapter nine

***Alyssa’s POV***

When I wake up in the morning, I wheel out to the kitchen where my father is reading the newspaper drinking coffee in his work clothes. He takes a sip.

“Hello, sweetie!” He says cheerfully. “Looks like you’ve had a good night’s rest!” He ruffles my hair.

“Well, not really. Maddy left at about 9 pm, and I went to bed. But I couldn’t fall asleep. I kept thinking about that night when she pushed me out the window. And then I kept going in and out of a dream where she was holding a gun up to me!” I start to cry.

“Aw, sweetie! I’m so sorry! You know she will never find us here, I was just a dream, ok?” I nod. “Well, cheer up! I got cookie crisps for breakfast! Well, I have to go to work. Call me if you need anything.” He kisses me on the forehead and starts to head for the door. Then he turns back around. “Seriously, call me if you need anything you won’t bother me. Please.” I nod again. “Love you!”

“Love you too.” I choke out, trying to hold back tears. But as soon as I hear the garage door close, I let I all out. Why would my mother, my very own mother that I was supposed to love and she was supposed to love me too, do this to me???

I sigh, and wheel to the living room and push myself onto the sofa, grabbing my legs with my hands and laying them on the coffee table. I sigh and close my eyes.

***

I wake up with a start when I hear the doorbell ring. What if it’s my mom?? I think. Relax.. I tell myself. She is in jail.

I put my butt in my wheelchair and wheel myself to the door. When I open it is the mailman, or in this case, mail WOMAN, standing with a pile of mail.

“This would normally go in the mailbox” she says, “but your mother says to hand deliver it.” She hands it to me and walks away, her high heels clicking down the ramp.

And then it hits me.

My MOTHER wants it hand delivered.

I search through the mail, throwing the bills and catalogs over my shoulder until I reach the bottom one. I open it nervously, with my fingers shaking.

She’s coming for me. And she wants to kill me!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

If your wondering, her mother's pov is next and you will see why, kk?