Chapter four!

Chapter four:

***Bellas POV***

“And then she pushed me out of the window, eight stories high!” Alyssa cried.

We were all facing Alyssa, and you could tell she didn’t like the attention.

“What were you doing at the hotel anyway?” Asked Elizabeth.

“My dad had a business trip. He was in a meeting at about nine thirty at night, and that’s when she grabbed me by the arm and…”

“But I thought you couldn’t open hotel windows…?” I asked.

“Me, too, but I guess this one you can…” Said Alyssa.

“So, after you fell…” Asked Maggie.

“I don’t know. Can we just go back to our game now? Please??” Stated Alyssa.

“No, please, I really need to hear more now that we started! And I promise, we won’t tell ANYONE! We keep a lot of secrets, see, about boys we like and other stuff.” Said Maddy.

“I trust you!” Elizabeth said. “I like ****” [sorry, I can’t tell you who I like!]

“Who is he?” Alyssa asks.

“Well, he goes to our school! You will be going there when school starts, which is in August. It’s summer now.” Says Elizabeth.

“Do all of you go to that school?” Asks Alyssa, clearly trying  to change the subject.

“No, I don’t, but anyway, what happened after you fell?” I asked.

“Fine” grumbled Alyssa. “I hit the ground—“

“duh” Maddy added.

“And I couldn’t move a muscle. I heard sirens and a soothing voice telling me to be calm, it would all be ok. Then someone asked my mom how did this happen…” Said Alyssa. “She said I was feeling sick so I wanted to get some fresh air. I leaned out the window and fell. I tried to say something, to stop her from that lie, but instead of talking I threw up and passed out. I fell into a coma for a month—“

“Oh my gosh!” Cried Maggie.

“Shh, just let her talk,” whispered Maddy.

“Well, anyway,” continued Alyssa, “I woke up when they turned Justin Beiber on the radio, ha, ha, just kidding, when I woke up he really was playing. My dad and all the hospital people thought I would die. I was feeling really dizzy, but I stayed awake. I tried to move my legs but I couldn’t, and my neck had a brace on it. I didn’t think it was anything really, but I was really scared, but then my dad came in. I cried when I saw him, and he cried too and hugged me. Then he asked me if I wanted bad news or good news first, and of corse I said good news. He said my mom was sentenced for 15 years. I got really excited until my dad told me we were moving, so my mom didn’t find us when she got out. Then he told me really bad news, I was paralyzed. I would have to be in a wheelchair for the rest of my life. When I came home, the movers packed up our stuff and we moved here. We used to live in California, on the beach. It was so pretty and so hard to leave.”

“How long did your mom abuse you for?” I asked.

“Since I was eight” She replied.

Everybody was in shock. I’d never known anyone who was abused before. Especilly anyone who was supposed to love you.

But I still had one more statement.

“You will walk again. I know you will.”