#3

𝑶𝑵 𝑨 𝑾𝑨𝑳𝑲

𝑶𝑵 𝑨 𝑾𝑨𝑳𝑲

cotton candy by ruffin slithered through my right ear and into the left one as I put in my left airpod to trap it in there. little mumbles and hums escaped my mouth as I walked through the neighborhood. passing by the little shopping center. the big clock above the giant tocked, the hands stopped at two pm.

occasionally, I'd look around to make sure nobody was following me or anything like that. I may not seem like it but i'm a paranoid person, my pace sped up as i passed the giant then walgreens. the sun slid towards me in little lines, leaving little marks on my legs. my decorated sweat shorts swished against one another throwing hits as i walked. my humming slowed down as the song switched to one of favorites mama said knock you out by LL COOL J. my pace sped up a bit to match the beat, my head bopping up and down slightly as i recited the lyrics.

walking past the t-mobile and onto the crosswalk, looking both ways and crossing. seven-eleven or dash in, dash in has more options but seven eleven is right here, ima go with dash in, it's by dunkin and mcdonald's anyways. walking up the mini hill on the sidewalk to the large crosswalk. i tried to hold in my laugh when a man tried to j walk and a bunch of cars honked at him, which startled him and led the man to slip straight on his ass. personally, wouldn't take that level of disrespect.

i turned around and cackled with my hand covering my mouth. the man stood up and limped the rest of the way to the other side. when it was finally time to cross, i crossed the road and made it to the dash in. the bell jingles when i stepped in, a few of the employees knew me because i always inspected the brownies to make sure i got the thickest and biggest one when i came with my cousin. they waved at me and i waved back before going back to the candy section. the bell jingled again which led me to look over. dandelion walked in and moved right on down to the candy section,"hold up n/n?"

"dandelion?"

he walked over to me," if you don't tell me what that name means."

"it's because your eyes remind me of a dandelion field."

his face reddened as he smiled," that's kinda sweet. i like that name now."

"yeah it's reserved for me and you only."

he examined the different sour gummies," of course it is peach ring destroyer."

"actually, i'm here for some peach rings."

a large sigh left his mouth clearly disappointed in me. his head hung low and it began to shake side to side slowly," leave me alone, i bet what you're here for isn't even good."

his eyes scanned the sour patch section that was next to the trollies one,"i'm here for watermelon sour patch."

my eyebrows rose as i leaned next to him, inhaling a bit of his honey scent,"ohh, lemme get some!"