Chapter 16 - Months

Julianna's POV

Months had gone by since the day we killed Seraphina and "we" as in Klaus had killed her. The only enemy we currently have right now, well in Klaus' world, is Marcel. Klaus had won back the Mikaelson compound after getting the shit beaten out of him by vampires Marcel and Rebekah ordered. Rebekah and Klaus were on bad terms for a while and you couldn't be in the same room with them before wanting to leave because of their constant bickering. Elijah was his usual self, being a gentlemen and very noble, looking after Klaus like I have been doing myself. When I had gotten kidnapped by Althaea and got my memory back, I remembered all the spells I knew back then but they werent enough. Due to my lack of the specialty in the magic category, Kol helps me learn spells correctly. He is still my mentor and I am still, as he likes to call me, his "protégé".

I'm sat in the living room of our current ex-former home, the Mikaelson compound with a glass of Scotch in my hand and a book in the other that I'm not paying much attention to. Elijah, as usual, sat on the arm chair, diagnol to the sofa I was in, with one of his old diaries in his hands, reminiscing his past.

"You are all incredibly boring," Kol walks into the room and sits down on the sofa's arm.

"What else is there to do?" I say nonchalantly while lazily turning the page in my book.

"Oh, I don't know, perhaps magic?" Kol says like it was the most obvious thing ever.

"Well Kol, maybe if you weren't out drinking from some random helpless girl that thought she would hook up with you, maybe we could have been out learning some stuff," I smile sarcastically at him. I down the rest of the Scotch in my glass and place it on the end table beside me. Klaus walks in and drops his leather jacket onto sofa and sits beside me letting out an annoyed sigh.

"We have a problem." Is all he says.

"Not surprised." I state while carelessly flipping through the pages in my book.

"Well Nik, get on with it. What's got you worried?" Kol asks.

"I called our Bennett witch in Mystic Falls," Klaus begins, "The other side is collapsing." My eyebrows knit together in worry as I closed the book and placed it at my side, my full attention now on what Klaus was explaining. Elijah had put down his diary and he listened in on what his brother was saying.

"What are you saying?" I cautiously ask.

"Anyone on the other side can manipulate objects here, the living." Klaus gets up and runs his hands down his face in distress. "They can physically touch us and we can't see them."

I stand up from the couch, unable to comprehend any of this. My fingers run through my hair and fear is running through me like a river. Elijah stands up as well and walks over to both his brothers.

"Niklaus, are lives are at risk here. The white oak stake, do not let it out of your sight." Elijah says.

"Julianna has been a target for people that we have killed. They're going to come back to try and finish her." Kol says.

"You think I haven't thought of that already?" Klaus says angrily. I suddenly feel all of this begin to sink in and for the first time in a while, I am beyond scared.

I am royally screwed.

***

My head rests on the window, a deep breath leaves my mouth, fogging up the window. My hands are folded in my lap and while I'm fiddling with my fingers my mind wanders and I look at the blurs of buildings, trees and signs outside as Klaus drives to I don't know where.