Chapter 23- Girls Night

Start from the beginning

“This is what I do when I think.”

She chuckles at my statement. “Whatever you say Dr.Evil.”

I can’t help but chuckle with her now. She’s not usually this joking or free. She’s more refined, quiet and shy more than anything. This guy must be something special to bring her out her natural habitat.

“I’ll get it!” She shouts jumping to her feet and running to the door.

Gee it only rang once. I follow her to the door to find Olivia and Sarah entering the house. Olivia look relieved to be here while Sarah was bust texting away on her phone to someone.  If I was guessing I’d say it was Lucas.

“I’m so glad to see you.” She says before engulfing me in an enormous hug. “It was so awful.”

“The fight?” I guess.

She nods before pulling away from me. “Well that to. Do you know how many get brought in to a place like that in just a few hours?"

I take it she’s seen as much of the inside of a station as I have. But it couldn’t be that bad could it? Sometimes she’s been known to exaggerate. Poor girl, she seems upset though.

“Some Eminem wannabe comes in on a breaking and entering charge and he actually has the nerve to hit on me. Yeah, he was at the next desk over from us and he hits on me! What lunatic hits on a girl in a police station?”

Sarah, Grace and I all three let out a loud humorous laugh at Olivia’s reaction. She was really upset by this. I know we probably shouldn’t be laughing right now but the way she flips out over stuff is just too funny. I suppose I would be too though if I were her.

“And if that wasn’t enough I got stuck in the bathroom stall because the door was jammed and had to ask the person next to me to help get it open.” She continues. “I just want to forget this day ever happened.”

“I want forget this whole weekend happened. Well except for spending time with Brody.” I confess.

All three of their faces light up at once and they instantly began questioning me about the whole weekend at the lake. After diving in to most of the story they had a pretty good idea of how things went. They all agree I should still take caution when it came to Blake though. But I already knew that. I won’t be so dumb this time when it came to him.

“What smells so good?” Sarah asks after dropping her bag on the couch.

“Pizza.” I answer with excitement.

“Thank God you made something, I’m starving.”Olivia added.

“Me to but according to the box we have to wait fifteen more minutes. So who’s up for a movie?” I ask.

One pizza and two cartons of rocky road later we were all hyped up on a sugar high. It’s the best kind. No one was tired anymore and surprisingly no one was home yet. But then again it was only 9:30. Sometimes mom and dad stayed out until twelve and one A.M when they were meeting with some of dads clients.

After dancing to every Kesha song known to man we had finally moved on to finding this Travis Milton guy on Facebook. I had to figure out who he was. Sometimes my memory was just terrible.

“I think that’s him. It says you have fifteen mutual friends.” Sarah points out.

I click on his profile picture, instantly taking us to his page. He wasn’t a bad looking guy but he was nothing compared to Brody. Nothing about him seemed familiar to me but as soon as all of his pictures were displayed across the page Sarah gasped.