𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐞𝐧𝐝

❝ 𝐓𝐡𝐞𝐲 𝐬𝐚𝐲 𝐢𝐭'𝐬 𝐰𝐡𝐚𝐭'𝐬 𝐨𝐧 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐢𝐧𝐬𝐢𝐝𝐞 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐜𝐨𝐮𝐧𝐭𝐬. 

𝐁𝐮𝐭, 𝐢𝐭'𝐬 𝐤𝐢𝐧𝐝 𝐨𝐟 𝐡𝐚𝐫𝐝 𝐭𝐨 𝐜𝐨𝐮𝐧𝐭 𝐰𝐡𝐞𝐧 𝐧𝐨𝐛𝐨𝐝𝐲 

𝐜𝐚𝐧 𝐬𝐞𝐞 𝐲𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐢𝐧𝐬𝐢𝐝𝐞𝐬. ❞

the very end,,

the very end,,

the end. 

━━━━

IT'S BEEN ONE MONTH since Spencer Reid went back to the BAU. 

Aaron Hotchner gave Spencer three months off, he knew what it was like to lose someone you love. Hotchner saw his wife being killed in front of his eyes by a serial killer too. 

Spencer couldn't pretend to be fine anymore. 

Looking for his mother who has Alzheimer took a bigger place in his life than he expected, but with Emma gone, life was heavier.

It's hard to look for someone you love, that could tell you I love you and the second after looking at you and asking who you are, even though Alzheimer's is far more complex than that. 

Spencer knew it better than anyone. 

The young Reid kept Emma's favourite book that she sent him during many of their letters, always in his arms. 

While he was sleeping, eating or just overthinking. 

Once, he was nearly close to burning his entire library because he thought he had lost Emma's book. He read over and over again that book as if reading it would make him stay connected with her. 

He couldn't put that book down. 

The only thing he kept doing these days, was glaring at his library for hours and imagining how his life would be if Emma Douglas was still alive. 

It would have been paradise on earth. 

Once, Spencer's eyes were starry but now they just look like ordinary eyes. 

That little sparkle is off now and he might never find how to get those starry eyes again. 

A quote in Emma's book that has made Spencer think a lot. 

- Sometimes the hardest part isn't letting go, but rather, learning to start over. 

And at that very moment, Spencer Reid knew that he could never start over. 

He would never forget his first love and he never will.