8

"Thank fuck you're okay, Musa." Riven breathed, raking his hands through his hair as Musa wearily opened her eyes.

"Yeah yeah. No need to get all emotional." She croaked and Riven turned away trying to hide his blush. 

It would have worked too but Helia was too quick and too observant. Riven rolled his eyes, scoffing at the smirk that played on Helia's lips.

"Where's Flora?" His smile faded as he looked around, his eyes flicking between each fairy before him, landing on Bloom. 

Her eyes were glazed over, as if they were looking somewhere far away. 

The general air about her felt distant- like she wasn't living in their present conversation- like she didn't even care. She stood impossibly still, every muscle in her body tense.

He got up, walking over to her and a knot twisted in Helia's stomach. 

"Hey! Where is she?" He called louder, trying to break through the barrier that separated Bloom from reality. 

But still she just looked wistfully into the smoke that billowed from the smouldering house. 

Had they won? Roxy- she was safe. For now. They had forced the wizards to retreat. 

Surely that meant they had won!

Somewhere in the distance a voice called to her. 

But she couldn't make it out- didn't want to. 

For the first time ever she felt completely serene. Her core warmed as a new power nestled itself within her. One unfamiliar but potent. 

What was it? Where had it come from? 

She had been on the brink of total collapse; tossed to the ground like a ragdoll by Ogron's spell; insulted, mocked. He had turned his back on her- too weak to be considered a threat, to be considered at all. 

She watched as he had Roxy in his grasp, white with fear. Her body ached, burned, held her to the ground with its lead weight. 

She had let her eyes drift shut.

But then, something sparked within her. 

Her eyes lit up with a new fire in them, her body convulsed as unbelievable power surged through it. Her fingers flexing and relaxing impulsively, her legs kicking out wildly, her mouth hanging open as she gasped for air. Electricity and fire surrounded her as her body became weightless. 

She felt herself lift off the ground, a gale whipping her hair up in all directions while Roxy's house blurred away into nothingness. 

She hung in limbo for a second, completely dazed by the sensation, and then suddenly, that spark inside her became a flame.

Emerging from her transformation, energy continued to surge through her. It roared within her, begging to be released- to be used. 

Blooms' eyes widened in fear as she was hit with the grounding realisation. 

She didn't know how to control it. 

Each second she stood still it grew stronger, grew closer to breaking free. She had to do something. Looking up, she saw Roxy, her face contorted in both agony and terror. 

And at that moment, she snapped.

"LET HER GO!" She commanded, her voice piercing through the roar of the inferno and before Ogron could even turn around, he was struck by a dragon of fire that rammed him forcefully into the wall behind him. 

He cried out in pain as it burned into him, refusing to release him as he remained pinned to the wall. 

Bloom felt her body tremble as she tried to control the magic, but this unknown power was too strong for even her and the dragon showed no sign of relenting as it slowly crushed the air out of Ogron's lungs.