Chapter 32

Y/n's POV

After the guard brought the paint can of blood into the room, I remained still in the chair. I was in shock. Even without the pregnancy making my stomach sensitive, the scene was enough to make me sick on its own. I looked at the bucket, then the covered window, and finally to where I knew the hidden security camera was. I needed to get out of this room. I stood from the chair and aimed for the door. I tried the handle but it was locked.

"Let me out!" I cried, backing away so I could face the camera. There was no response, no guard came in. The walls suddenly felt as if they were closing in, forcing me closer to the paint. I needed to get out of this room.

"I am (Y/n) Moriarty! I demand to be let out!" Tears ran down my face as the shock turned to rage. I ran to where the paint can sat on the floor and grabbed it. I threw it full force at the canvas, the blood spraying across the canvas and the adjacent walls and floor. The smell of iron filled the room as the girl's blood ran down the canvas and pooled on the floor below. My throat began to burn, and I vomited onto the floor. I nearly choked as my stomach emptied itself. I tried to grab the chair to steady myself, but I knocked it over instead. I slowly fell to the floor, landing a few feet away from where the tears, vomit, and blood were mixing.

"I'm sorry," I choked out. I closed my eyes and let my head roll back onto the floor in surrender. I didn't bother to open my eyes when I heard the door open, nor when I felt two arms slide under my knees and shoulders to pick me up. I knew it was Jim from the sound of his footsteps on the basement floor. I rested my head in the crook of his neck as he carried me out of the room and back up to the main house. He carried me up the stairs and to one of the bedrooms, laying me gently on the bed. I heard a soft knock on the door as Jim moved away from the bed. I didn't dare open my eyes to see who it was or where he was going.

"Get her cleaned and cared for. I expect her to be presentable by 7:00 pm sharp, I will send for her then," Jim said to whoever had entered the room. A moment of silence passed before a hand was placed gently on my shoulder. I opened my eyes to see Lily standing over me.

"Let's get you cleaned. Can you sit up?" She asked and I nodded. Lily helped me to sit up, her propping a pillow behind my back. I looked around the room and saw that we were in the spare bedroom and that Jim had left.

"It's ok, it's just us," Lily smiled, noticing that I was looking for Jim. "I'll send for some tea and start a bath." She briskly walked into the connecting bathroom and I heard the tap turn on. She returned with a wet rag and a bottle of water. She helped to clean the bile and blood from my face and hands before handing me the opened bottle. I took a sip of water, letting it dilute the foul taste in my mouth. Lily extended her hands to help me out of bed, which I took. My legs felt weak beneath me as she helped me into the bathroom. I began to undress as the tub continued to fill. My clothes were filthy; while I knew the cleaning staff would be able to get the blood out I doubted I could ever wear them again. Once the bath was full Lily helped me step into the tub. The slow descent made me realize just how sore the fall left me. I let myself slowly sink into the water, enveloping me in warmth and the scent of lavender. I laid my head back on the edge of the tub and closed my eyes. I tried to relax but Jim's words kept ringing in my ears.

Had I taken advantage of his kindness? Was it really my fault for assuming things could be normal between us? That we could be a normal couple? That was absurd, there was nothing normal about Jim and me. To start; he had kidnapped, raped, and imprisoned me. Sure, I grew to love him and learned to live with him, but that doesn't change how fucked up our start was. There were the matters of all the people we'd killed together and that I was potentially carrying the children of his sworn enemy. I had been so swept up in Jim that I had become blind to what he really was: my captor. He had stolen me from my home, my friends, and my life. I thought that I had finally gotten through to his heart, but I guess not. My husband or not, he was a monster. Then again, maybe I was a monster too.