Chapter 18 The Three Little Wolves

.....

What should I do? What should I do? Demon hunters are looking for me! Zerha was panicking. She didn’t expect that there would come a day when she would be a fugitive.

“Pfff, bwahaha! What have you done, and why are the humans looking for you, a weak
demon?” The demon queen broke into a fit of laughter. She was clearly mocking Zerha.

“S-stop laughing!”

“I am not laughing at you, Milady,” Sage said.

“Huh? Ah… Let’s go.” That demon queen! Sage might think that I’m crazy because he thinks that I’m talking to myself! She thought.

“Ah, wait for a moment, Milady.” Sage suddenly headed to one of the stalls selling robes.

“Fifty silver coins.” Sage suddenly felt down as he realized that he did not have any silver.
Zerha noticed this and slapped her forehead with her palm. He’s planning to buy something, but he forgot that he doesn’t have money? Sigh. Zerha tapped the storage ring that Foxy made and fished out two gold stones.

“If you don’t have any silver to pay, then leave my store---"

“Wait, we don’t have any silver coins, but I hope this is enough for two robes.” Zerha handed the gold stones to the merchant. The merchant’s eyes suddenly sparkled upon seeing the gold in front of him. He quickly grabbed two robes and handed them to Zerha. “Thank you, ma’am! Come again!” The merchant said in delight.

“I-I apologize, Milady. I just wanted to buy it for you so that you could cover your face with the hood…”

“You don’t have to feel so down, Sage. I appreciate how thoughtful you are. Come on, wear yours and let’s keep moving.” She smiled.
“O-okay.” Sage blushed. He was thinking that Zerha was so kind and he had no regrets about
following her.

Meanwhile, after Sage and Zerha left, the merchant suddenly remembered that Zerha looked familiar. Hmm… Where did I see her face again? He thought, and suddenly a poster of Zerha flew in front of him, and he caught it. His eyes widened when he saw the poster of a demon girl. What the...But she doesn’t have any demon horns. Do I need to report it? Sigh, never mind. She just gave me two gold stones. I couldn’t care less whether she’s a human or a demon, ‘cause I’m rich now! Wahaha!

…..

“Where are you two going?” one of the demon hunters that were patrolling the borders of the
public market asked as he noticed Zerha and Sage making their way towards the route leaving the Land of Haria. “Are you both going to hunt demons?”

“Yes,” Sage answered.

“Just the two of you?”

“Yes.”

“Well, then. Just be careful, and don’t go deep into the forbidden forest. You might encounter high-level demons that are more powerful than you.”

Sage merely nodded at them in response. Zerha lowered her head and continued walking.

“Hey, are you sure that we should let them hunt? There are only two of them…” One of the
demon hunters said.

“Well, if we try to stop them, I have a feeling that we’ll be put in danger.”

One of the demon hunters was startled.

“A-are you sure?”

“You know that I can tell if we are in a dangerous situation. Those two look dangerous.”

“But don’t you think that they are a bit suspicious? I couldn’t see their faces, since they were wearing hoods…”

One demon hunter sighed. “I don’t know. Maybe they are new demon hunters and don’t want to be known. They look strong. I just hope that Captain Marcus will recruit them.”