Chapter 16~

Harry pov
_____

Ron, Hermione and me was the last ones to leave the great hall after the feast as a consequence of Ron insisting on four servings of food and now the golden trio looked more like the fashionability-late-to-the-party trio. We ran up the stairs to our dorms and tried to get changed into our costumes as quickly as possible.

Ron being the straight best friend he is chose the most boring and overdone costume ever: Merlin. I, believe it or not am going as none other than Severus Snape. Mostly because it is easy but not boring. I got Hermione to make a hair-growth potion that I put in my hair before the feast and now it has grown to my shoulders. After the hair is done you only need black robes and a swishy cape, then you're pretty much set.

"Woah mate, that is freaky as hell" Ron commented as I secured the cape on my shoulders. "You're the one to talk. You made Merlin red haired! Ginger Merlin, I've haven't seen anything more frightening in years!" Ron snorted and threw a pillow at me. "Let's just get down"

The common room was filled to the brim with students in various costumes, rating from embarrassingly unsuccessful, to frighteningly successful. I took a seat in one of the armchairs while Ron secured a small couch. After a few minutes Hermione came down the stairs dressed as "what are you exactly?" Ron asked with a gaping face.

"I'm a pantomime. Well a dead pantomime" Hermione replied and sat down beside Ron on the couch. She was wearing high waisted black trousers, a striped sweater and suspenders. She had a beret carefully placed on her head and white gloves. I smiled and held out my hand to Ron "told you she wouldn't be a cat this year" Ron just moped and handed me a sickle.

"Brewing up to be some party, yeah?" Ron remarked and looked around the room. "Yeah for sure. Is it only 8th years?" I asked. Hermione shook her head "Don't forget we share the tower with the 7th years. It would be unnecessarily mean to exclude them" "Yeah proper mean" Ron added in a pathetic attempt to seem interested in having the 7th years here.

"Oh, how you flatter brother" a voice behind us exclaimed (dripping with irony mind you). All three of us turned our heads and was met by Ginny, as some kind of zombie quidditch player, and Luna as a.. "Luna.. what exactly are you?" I asked genuinely curious.
"I'm a crumple-horned snorkack. Duh" Luna replied with a polite grin. "Do you think the horns are realistic enough?"

I was completely baffled by the horns that's what I was. They were sticking out from under her hair and I couldn't understand how she even made them stick. "Yeah.. they're brilliant" I shot before the pause got too suspiciously long. "Aw thank you Harry. I know I can always trust you to express your honest opinion. With all those wrackspurts flying around I'm not entirely sure you could actually lie without getting caught"

I laughed "oh you don't even know Luna" she just shrugged enthusiastically in her own Luna way and lead Ginny back into the crowd. Ron snickered as he saw them walk away and then I sighed. "I love Luna" Hermione looked, as she usually did after an exchange with Luna, like she didn't know if she should laugh or roll her eyes in irritation.

"Oi Harry! Ron! Hermione! Come get drinks" Dean called over just as ear deafening base started to blast out of some speakers that stood in a corner. We made our way over to the drinks table "LETS GET PLASTERED" Seamus yelled over the crowd, earning cheers and woo's.
______
Harry pov (3rd person)
______

As the night went on people got more and more pissed. Harry found himself in an intense round of alphabetic wand, a game where you had to think of and successfully cast a spell that started on specific letters. He lost throughly to Ginny to no one's surprise.

"I'll catch you lot later, yeah!" He half slurred and earned a good amount of cheers. Harry saw the drinks table again and aimed for that. Miraculously he made it over to it in almost a straight line. He braced his hands against the table as he stumbled the last few feet. He looked to his left and saw Malfoy "oh, hey doll" he giggled then did a hot double take "wait. Malfoy?!"

Malfoy scoffed "Wow what a welcome Potter. Really made me feel wanted here" Harry was too drunk to process this and just shook his head like a wet dog. "Wh-where have you been" he asked in disbelief, because it really felt as if he hadn't seen him in ages. "What to you mean 'where have I been'? What just because I've not been with you I've just not been here?" Malfoy asked and raised an eyebrow. "The world doesn't revolve around you Potter" he added with a snarky voice.

"Excuse me! I- wait, why haven't you been with me?" Harry asked pathetically as his brain fought the alcohol to make sense. "We're not friends Potter" Malfoy replied as a reminder. Harry was confused by this statement. "But we were though. I let you meet Teddy after all" Malfoy rolled his eyes, but his expression softened a bit at the mention of Teddy. "Well Teddy and I are technically family. So you just.. did me a favour. That does not make us friends Potter. We haven't spoken in like three weeks."

Oh... Harry had kind of forgotten that. "Well. And who's fault is that?" He shot back in irritation. It wasn't his fault that Malfoy had practically ghosted him. Malfoy turned properly towards him for the first time and outright glared up at him. "Oh, we're blaming fault here? Well since you haven't even spoken to me in three bloody weeks, I would say the fault lies with you!" Harry took a step closer and prodded his finger in Malfoy's chest. "Me?! You have been literally avoiding me. Not coming to meals. Not sleeping in our dorm. Yeah about that, where do you even sleep? Do you get sleep?"

"Don't touch me!" Malfoy spat  and gripped his finger to push it away from his chest. "Oh I'm not allowed to touch the Malfoy heir you oh holy son of a bitch" Harry snapped back getting proper up in Malfoy's face making him back away until he bumped into the table. "Oh I'm sorry did I offend the golden boy? Did I offend the boy who li-" Harry cut him off by smashing his face into Malfoy's. He covered Malfoy's lips with his own and kissed him so fiercely that Malfoy couldn't do anything but let him. Harry swung his arms around Malfoy and all but lifted him away from the table just to slam him against the wall and Malfoy moaned.

Malfoy pushed hard agains Harry's shoulder to get him on an arms length. "What the fuck was that about?!" He snapped. Harry's head was in full chaos. He had just snogged his former arch nemesis. And he liked it? "I um, fuck, I just.. yo-you wouldn't shut up and you kind of look fucking hot in that outfit so I just kinda silenced you?"  Malfoy crosses his arms and arched an eyebrow at him. After a long silence he scoffed "what even are you" Harry scratched his neck. "Well it's hard to se now that I've tied my hair up, but I'm Snape" he had tied his hair up for alphabetic wand and after his intense silencing of Malfoy the bun wasn't as firm as it used to be.

"How sentimental of you Potter" Malfoy marked

"Oh sod off Malfoy. Don't be a wanker"

"Are you referring to my tosserness or my queerness Potter? Because if you're referring to my queerness that would be quite homophobic you know"

"It wouldn't though. Gays calling other people gay can't be homophonic"

"I- wait what?"

"It wouldn't though, clearly right"

"Potter.. that's not really how it works"

".... Then I referred to your tosserness then"

Then Harry, mind jumping like a chocolate frog, just walked away. And Draco was left in some of a predicament.
______
It's 3am and I got the impulse to post so... enjoy