Chapter 12~

Draco pov
____

This is weird. Me standing here making coffee and Potter standing not even a meter away from me, making breakfast. It is like an alternate reality. My thinking got interrupted by Potter.

"Have you ever tried making breakfast yourself Malfoy?" I rolled my eyes "what kind of question is that?" Potter smiled "So have you?" I hesitated while I tried to come up with a clever answer. "I.. I've never gotten the chance to. I was never allowed in the kitchen in the manor and at Hogwarts the house elves run the kitchen"

"Would you like to try?" He asked and raised his eyebrows. I laughed and shook my head slightly. "I mean why not" "great!" Potter smiled and took a step backwards so I could stand in front of the pan. "Okay so we're making scrambled eggs. I've made the batter, so all you have to do is pour it into the pan and stir it around, okay?" I hesitantly took the spatula "I guess?" I heard Potter try to hold back a laugh behind me "you'll be fine"

I poured the batter into the pan and it started making sizzling sounds at once. The melted butter was jumping around and I stood there paralysed, spatula in hand. Potter laughed, that cheeky bastard. "Just do this" his hand came under my arm and wrapped around my own and the spatula. He started stirring and chopping the eggs around in the pan like the fucker hadn't been doing else all his life.

He slowly let go of my hand as I got the hand of it. He rested his chin on my shoulder and told me when to leave it be and when to move it. "There you go. Already done" he said.
His hands lingered at my sides lightly as he pulled away. "Just put it on the table, I'll go fetch Teddy"

I put the scrambled eggs on the table and brought the cups of coffee before I sat down. After a minute or so Teddy came running in to the kitchen with Potter right behind. Potter got the toast and sat down on the opposite side of me, so Teddy could sit in the middle. I took one bread slice , but Potter put another one on my plate. I looked at him in confusion. "You need it" he just mumbled. I didn't argue and just took a sip of my coffee.
______

It was almost lunch times and we prepared to leave. We had to get back to Hogwarts before the night and Potter was probably going to spend some time with the Weasleys before leaving.

I was talking to Teddy and he was sad. "But I don't know when I'll see you again" he murmured and looked down at his feet. "Don't be sad darling. You will see me before you know it. We are family you know." I tried to comfort him. He looked up and smiled with tears in his eyes. "And family stick together" I smiled back and nodded my head. He hugged me tightly and sniffled.

And merlin do I have a soft spot for him. "Hey, what about we can meet during the Christmas break. What do you think?" I asked and booped his nose. "Yesssss!" He squealed and tackled me with another hug.
_______

Potter followed me out to where I could disapperate. "Thank you for this weekend. You made Teddy very happy" he said. I didn't really know how to respond, so I just nodded my head. "I'll see you at school Potter. Don't be late, headmistress McGonagall will not hesitate to give you detention even though you're the golden boy"

He rolled his eyes, but he suppressed a smile "that's the most casual sentence I've heard you say. 'I'll' and 'you're' that's not nearly posh enough for the Malfoy heir" he tried to change the subject. "Not that much of an heir anymore I am afraid" I answered and disapperated before he could ask what that meant.
______

"Draco stop it!" Pansy bursted out. I had zoned out while she and Blaise had a "civilised discussion" and she snapped me out of it. "Stop what?" I asked in confusion. "Looking neither bored or like you want to kill anyone" Pansy answered in an "obviously" tone. "Yeah mate who's got you smiling like that?"

I carefully dodged the question by raising my eyebrow at Blaise. "Mate? Really? Do I look like a quidditch lad to you?" I laughed. "Well you play quidditch" Blaise defended. "Oh shit mate sorry. Of course I should talk like a chav I mean I'm just one 'o the lads you know" Blaise laughed "Oh sod off"

"But it's just banter innit mate?" I started laughing as well. "Well what am I supposed to call you? "Close friend that I have platonically snogged a couple of times"?" Blaise suggested. I laughed "rather that than mate" "eh, it's too long, but if I feel like it"

Pansy just rolled her eyes said "you're so gay" and walked away. "Huh and you're the one to talk" Blaise laughed "Hey wait up!"

I just smiled at them and followed my two best (and only) friends down the hallway.
______
Still having a bit of a writers block
My schedule is packed as well so I don't have that much time to write but I will try uploading every Sunday or every other Sunday:)

The comment section is a safe space to rant➡️