Chapter 6~

Harry pov
_____

It drove me crazy to not burst at him again. To not demand that he gave me answers, but I was determined on keeping my promise of giving him time.

So instead I started watching him. And yes, it is just as creepy as it sounds. I will not try to justify it, I am just worried. The weird thing is that it wasn't hard at all. I just kind of slipped back into old habits from 6th year. It all gave me sort of deja vu.

I knew I couldn't keep doing this though . I had to talk to someone. Ginny or Hermoine, or both. They seemed to be good at stuff like this. Because I want to help him.. I think, but at the same time I should just stay away from him. We haven't really gotten along before and I don't see how it would be much difference now.
____

I sat in the library, alone for a change. I enjoy being alone, but when everyone keeps giving you credit for ending the whole war just because you threw expelliamus at Voldemort and he became dark lord peel, alone time isn't the easiest thing to get.

I was trying to focus on a potions essay, but just couldn't stop myself. I whipped out the marauders map and began scanning it after Malfoy's name. I almost shrieked out loud when I spotted a dot marked, Draco Malfoy following another marked, Pansy Parkinson, in the library and directed towards me!

I mumbled "mischief managed" and tucked away the map as fast as I could before positioning myself hunched over the parchment and supposedly in deep thought.

"Hey Potter! Do you mind if we sit here?" Parkinson's voice asked. I looked up and shook my head "no, it's fine"

Parkinson smiled and sat dow at the other end of the small table I sat on and Malfoy sat, more than unwillingly might I add, on the chair in between us.

"So Potter, I hear that you two are the only ones in your dorm at the moment.. Well I just wanted to say that even though he-" she pointed her head in Malfoy's direction "-seems quiet in the beginning, he actually is quite an interesting person and make for a great.. conversation partner"

Malfoy looked like he wanted the floor to split open and devour him, but Parkinson just laughed and patted his shoulder. "Okay bye!" She said and disappeared so fast that you would think she had dissapperated.

"So, doll.. you talk a lot about me?" He scoffed and replied "in your dreams golden boy" before adding "and don't call me that". I smirked and he actually looked a little bit flustered. But I mean it's probably just me reading into it.
____
Draco pov
____
I. Hate. Pansy. And I hate Potter. And I hate that I blush so fucking easily.

I stood up and fled the scene before it got any worse and sneaked in to an empty classroom. It was one of the classrooms where detention often took place and I leaned on the catheter where Headmistress McGonagall usually watched the students like a hawk to make sure that they did their work.

Then my heart nearly stopped. Where was my bag?! Shit! I must have left it in the library in my rush to get out of there. In the library.. with Potter. Oh no! What if Potter finds it and looks through it? That's where all of my personal belongings are. My wand, my notes, the coming-out-letter to my mother that I was too much of a wuss to send. He could not find that!

I was about to storm out of the classroom when a gentle knock on the door distracted me from my thoughts. I cleared my throat and said in what I hope was a calm and collected voice "come in"

It was Potter. And he had my bag. "Hey, you forgot this in the library so I thought I would just hand it back to you" Potter said and walked through the rows of desks until he reached the one I leaned against.
___
Harry pov
___
Malfoy's eyes widened as his eyes went from me, to the bag, and then back at me.

"Did you.." he started, but the sentence just trailed off as he kept staring at me and the bag. It took a moment for me to understand what he meant, but then I shook my head and said "oh, nono! I just picked it up and brought it to you. I didn't snoop around, I swear."

Okay that wasn't entirely true, but I didn't intend to see anything. The letter just happened to fall out of the bag and I picked it up. It wasn't my fault that he hadn't even put it in an envelope.

I handed Malfoy the bag and then just stood there kind of awkwardly as Malfoy searched through it to make sure that I hadn't taken anything.

When he was done there was a solid 45 seconds where the both of us kind of looked at each other and tried to avoid eye contact at the same time.

"Well.. thanks Potter. For bringing my bag I mean." He said in a hesitant tone and walked past me. Our shoulders brushed as he passed and my brain went into full chaos.

After I collected myself I turned around and shouted "oi, Malfoy?" But he was already gone.

I don't really know why my brain acted like that, he had just brushed against me. Maybe my body just reacted like that to him. I mean we have been I more than a few fights, so possibly it's just an old reflex.

Well I'll just talk to him tonight. We will most likely be alone again.
_____
Sorry that this last part is sort of messy I wrote it while being extremely tired, but on caffeine.

I will try to update this story every week on Sunday night, but if I might forget sometimes, but yeah I hope you are enjoying this so far and if you want a safe space to rant my comments are open for that:)