Chapter 1

My family has been going to Susannahs beach house in Cousins every summer since I was a baby

Since before I was even born if I'm being honest

All year long I count the days till summer, until I'm in that house

The dads come to visit but it's not their place, they don't belong to it, not the way we do

The mother and the kids

The summer house is made up of lots of things, the beach, the swimming pool late at night, movie nights with the moms

But the boys. The boys most of all, and it's the same every summer. I've always loved that about it

For me everything was good, and everything magical happened between the months of June and August

After spending every summer with Susannah and the boys, I've came to a realization that the only friends I have are Conrad, Jeremiah, Steven, and Belly. They are the only people in my life that matter, so It doesn't affect me you could say. It also gives me something to look forward to every summer, to see my friends/family. Which is what I've waited all year to do.

I've been close with Belly since we were in elementary school, we meet in 3rd grade. We have done everything together. She comes down to Cousins every summer for at least a week. She's basically family, blood sisters as my mom likes to call it.

We are too peas in a pod.

Belly and I are very opposite. Every boy likes Belly. I mean she has tons of other friends. She's not as close with them as she is with me, which I like and it may sound selfish but it's the truth. She has the looks that make guys go crazy. Then me on the other hand, boys never look at me, Belly's the one they look at. I guess you could say I'm just kind of  there.

I have a feeling about this summer. A feeling that it might be different, which I like. Like maybe I could have my dream come true.

Go out with Jeremiah Fisher

Belly's always telling me to put myself out there. She swears he likes me back, but I'm not sure. I mean Jeremiah is a very flirty person, so I could just get the wrong idea. Which is probably the answer.

Susannah's always told me that I've been destined for one of her boys, and that she'd be hurt to see someone else with them.

I've always hoped she was right, but I've never been sure.

......

"Marina! We have 10 minutes till we leave!" Laurel, my mom yelled from the other side of the door.

"Come on Belly you said you would help me pack." I said trying to get Belly to get off her phone.

"You still have 10 minutes, which means 5 minutes to hangout and 5 minutes to pack." Belly said smiling at me.

"Before we start packing, let me ask. What is your one summer wish, that you want to happen?" Belly asked.

"I'm not sure, I haven't thought about it I guess." I said blushing ear to ear.

Belly could always tell when I was embarrassed. I would always blush, which would make me smile. She teased me about it.

"You're such a liar Mar, we all know you one summer wish. You want a hot make-out sesh with Jeremiah Fisher, you want his tongue in your mouth, you dirty little slut!" Belly said laughing and poking me.

"Shut up Belly, no I don't!" I said giggling.

"Listen, everyone has known you have been in love with him since you were 12, you've got to face your fears and be more open. How else are you gonna know if he likes you back, which I know he does. You've got to shit or get off the pot." Belly said trying to be serious.