"Never took you as a drinker." Steve suddenly said. I looked over at him. "You're not going to call your uncle are you?" He joked again.

"No. And I'm not." I informed, taking another sip of my drink. He watched me closely.

"I have another apology." I pressed my lips together in a fake smile as I looked up at him. 

"It shouldn't be for me." I turned and leaned against his island while he walked over to me.

"Yeah, well, it's Carol and Tommy. I know what they said was rude, and I saw how hard you were trying not to say anything." I looked out by the pool and saw Nancy and Barb watching Tommy and Carol closely. "They know what they're doing, they just don't care."

"I gathered that. Steve, I don't need you to apologize for them. Quite frankly, I don't want you to. Besides, it's not supposed to be for me. You all need to apologize to Jonathan." I informed. He sighed and nodded, understanding that I was right. "And you said stuff too."

"But I wasn't as bad as them." My face scrunched up as I looked over at him, wondering if he was being serious. "Okay, I'm sorry. There. Now your turn."

"My turn for what?" 

"To apologize." I scoffed and turned back to the window, taking another sip of beer. 

"You're truly something, Harrington." I chuckled.

"You don't think you weren't being mean when you kicked Tommy? Or almost knocked us all over?" He asked. I looked down at my can, knowing what I did was wrong, but they did deserve it. I could see a small smile on his lips. 

"Yeah, maybe it was mean, but you deserve it," I admitted, looking over at him. He was watching me closely. He raised his eyebrows like he was baiting me to apologize. "Okay, I'm sorry. There, I said it."

"Thanks. Now, truce?" He asked, holding out his hand. I looked down at it, not wanting to shake it for the second time. I finished off my beer, crushing the can, and stood up straight. I thought about walking right past him, but I didn't.

"Every time I try, you always mess up. You're always an ass somehow." I expressed my concerns and crossed my arms. He chuckled and placed his hands on his hips.

"I think you're just looking for those moments now." He accused. 

My eyebrows pulled together as he smiled and came close to me. Instantly, my breath hitched in my chest and I stiffened. His cologne filled the gap between us and chills went down my spine as he began to reach behind me. He pulled a few cans of beer and smirked as he pulled away.

"Come on, enjoy the party." He beckoned, grabbing my wrist and flipping it so my palm showed. He placed the cold beer in my hand and raised his eyebrow in inquiry. "Enjoy it and I promise, I won't be an ass to you for the rest of your life."

"Don't promise something you can't keep. That's rule number one of a promise." I said, giving him a devious smile. He chuckled and I noticed his hand was still on my wrist. Maybe I was overthinking it. All of this nice guy stuff was to get on good terms with Nancy. "I'll enjoy it as long as you promise to keep me from getting hammered."

"Deal." He assured and I nodded. "Lilah Hopper will only be buzzed!"

"Or none of the above." I corrected. He let go of my wrist, backing up and pointing at me.

"Buzzed or no deal!" I laughed as he held out his hands, wiggling his fingers to follow him outside. I laughed, not meaning to. He was really funny. "Come on!"

We walked out just as Tommy was trying to throw Carol in the pool, but she screamed for him to stop. I sat down on one of the pool chairs next to Nancy, who was sitting poised as usual. I opened up my new can of beer.