Chapter 10

Harry and Ginny made their way to the duelling club, everyone's reactions were predictable. Most stayed away from the two hoping they don't get paired with them, some hoped that they could see what the two were capable of and others (mainly Ron and Draco) thought they could use this opportunity to improve their own standings by beating the two. Hermione looked rather hopeful; perhaps if things went well then she could impress both Harry and Lockhart.

"Good evening" Lockhart appeared on the duelling platform shortly followed by Snape "how marvellous to see you all! I am here to instruct you all on how to properly duel; today I will be assisted by Professor Snape, don't worry. You'll still have your potions master when I'm threw with him"

"Two sickles on Snape beating Lockhart with one spell" Ginny whispered as the two went to opposite ends of the

"I know I'd lose that bet but why not? I'll humour you"

The match went exactly how Ginny predicted; one disarming curse and Lockhart had been thrown across the room. A few giggles, laughs and exchanged money followed before Lockhart go to his feet. Naturally he brushed it off and claimed he let Snape do it. The group were all split into pairs and told to practise disarming curses, Harry and Ginny naturally paired up together.

Ginny considered herself fortunate that Harry had such good control, she was under no disillusion about how strong he was. She knew that if he put the slightest bit of effort into his spells then she would be flying into a wall. Snape even applauded him on his control when he walked by, soon everyone had stopped and was told to gather around again.

"Alright guys" Lockhart called "today we'll end by having two demonstrations, one pair of girls and one pair of boys. Let's start with the girls; does anyone want to participate in the demonstration?"

"I will" Hermione raised her hand and stepped on to the platform

"Good girl" Lockhart smiled "anyone you want to do it with?"

"How about.." Hermione stopped as if to think about it "Ginny" Harry rolled his eyes, he couldn't help but wonder what was going through that girls head.

Fortunately for him the only way Ginny was weak was how she looked and that's only when she doesn't look angry. Harry knew people underestimated her because she was small, in his opinion it made it all the more hilarious when she proved them wrong. Ginny took her spot on the platform while Hermione took her own.

"Remember" Lockhart said just before the duel began "winner is whoever disarms the other one first, begin"

"Expelliarmus" Hermione roared as a red light rushed towards Ginny, Ginny easily dodged. Harry had drilled dodging into her mind and body many times; it was second nature to her by this point. Hermione looked absolutely stunned by the fact her spell missed, she had practised it so much and put in far more effort than she saw Ginny and Harry putting in.

"Expelliarmus" Ginny shouted before Hermione could let off a spell, she managed to connect and Hermione flew across the platform whilst her wand flipped in the air and landed in her hand. Ginny was amazed, she'd never managed to do that when she did the spell on Harry, she always found it weird that despite that he insisted that her spell was perfect.

At the point she realised that the only reason it didn't work on Harry was because….he was Harry. Hermione had to be helped up by Lockhart and was congratulated for her effort; everyone could tell she was disappointed with the results and it was obvious she hurt her arm when she landed. As Ginny walked off she received a wink from Snape and a congratulatory hug and kiss on the cheek from Harry. Next came the turn of the boys.