17. jenae you're a fool

since amorah spent the night here, she had to go back to her place to pack her bags and all that good stuff. aaron also said he was on the way,

but that was 30 minutes ago.

while waiting for the two, i sit on the living room couch flipping through fashion magazines and listening to my music. however, through my headphones, i hear vinnie blasting frank ocean on his speakers.

he's been like this for a whole hour straight.

i get it

we all get it.

you love frank ocean, but do we all have to listen to him? it's not even frank ocean's fault but i can't stand loud or intense things. they aggravate something in me.

so his excessively loud music contributes to that.

even though vinnie's music is dominating mine, i patiently bounce my crossed leg in hopes that aaron and amorah hurry up.

continuing to flipping through the fashion magazine, i search for new ideas or projects for my upcoming fashion show in la. i attempt to read a paragraph from the paper but realize i keep restarting the paragraph from my brain jumbling.

maybe i'm just nervous?
or maybe it's his fault?
forget it.

"vinnie!!" i shout, harshly shutting the magazine and walking to his room door. i knock on his door strongly, and use the irritation burning inside of me as my energy source.

just then, his door swings open and i get a strong whiff of marijuana.

it smells like heaven...
but seriously?

"why're you knocking like the fbi?" he raises an eyebrow.

"would you please turn your music down," i ask. "and why are you smoking without me? i thought we agreed to do it when we got to the house with amorah and aaron?"

"that' from earlier, but i guess it never fanned out. also, why are you so grumpy?" he pouts sarcastically.

my eyes take a short peek behind him and i look into his room for the first time since it's been fully unpacked

my eyes take a short peek behind him and i look into his room for the first time since it's been fully unpacked. he has a frank ocean poster plastered on one of his many blank walls. his bed is unmade and he has shoes scattered on the floor.

hopefully, this is from him trying to pack his bag.

"because you want to get us kicked-" i start to say, but a few knocks and pounds at the door interrupted me from going further.

it's probably aaron. he's probably been knocking for a while and we couldn't hear him because of vinnie!

"just turn your music down!! the neighbors might make a complaint," i say to vinnie, walking off to answer the door.