"we should wait." he hurried to tell her but it was too late, Nila already snatched the vial from his hand.

upon grabbing the tube of liquid, Nila felt like someone ripped into her chest, pulled her beating heart out, and shoved it back into her chest cavity with a giant push. it's like she was pulled from her body for what felt like hours, but was only minutes.

Nila saw every color imaginable for about five seconds, and then nothing at all. fear overtook her like a dark shadow, constantly tailing her, and when she would think that she finally shook it off, that's when it would attack.

suddenly, she was standing in the middle of a very fancy looking living room, it smelled of rich perfumes and lemon-scented cleaning supplies with a hint of red wine, the finest, of course.

she was dazed, dizzy, and confused.

in front of her were two children, one with short blond hair, a boy, Nila thought, and one with longer black hair who looked significantly younger, a girl, she thought again.

"Lara, come on! hurry up!" the blond boy spoke, scrunching his nose up.

"mother told you not to do that, Willy! it'll give you winkles." the young girl responded, Nila held back an involuntary "awwwww" at the mispronunciation.

"don't speak to me about wrinkles when you can't even tie your shoes correctly, sister." Willy squinted at her and Lara threw her hands up in the air, exasperated.

"it's not my fault!" she turned around with her arms crossed, and huffed.

and then suddenly, Nila jumped with a loud gasp, they were adults. Willy sprouted like the tallest vine on a tree, he was tall and lengthy, his once short hair was now longer than Lara's, he also grew a bit of a beard.

he was in the spotlight, Nila noticed, while Lara stayed hidden behind him, a frown on her delicate face. a maids outfit adorned her body, to hide their secret, a lowly, quiet maid couldn't be the infamous titan, right?

wrong. the building was now crumbling beneath their feet, Nila's too. as they began to fall, Nila hurriedly tried to grab onto something for safety purposes, but nothing was near.

her eyes squeezed shut as she landed, expecting to be aching all over, she was instead sitting on what felt like a cold slab of concrete.

when she opened her eyes, she realized she was sitting in the palm of Lara's titan. she freaked the fuck out, a scream tried ripping itself from her throat, but nothing came out.

"Nila... Nila, what? Hayashi, it was, right?" The grey-ish titan spoke to her in a deep rumbling voice.

Nila almost pissed herself but forced out a tiny "y-yes." in the process.

"Nila Hayashi, if you're hearing this and you're here with me now, i'm dead. Eren Jaeger must've killed me and swallowed most of my spinal fluid. luckily for us both, i prepared a vial to be stored away until the time of my death. inside that vial contains my life essence. it's difficult to explain so i won't bother with the details."

Lara explained, in a way that Nila could follow what she was saying. oh, the poor girl she was so confused. how in the hell is Lara Tybur speaking to me right now? she kept thinking over and over to herself.

"your husband visited me earlier, Porco, if i remember correctly. he was just as confused and even more apologetic. what you're seeing right now is my spirit, you may have seen something similar in a nightmare when you obtained your titan power. i want you to know that," the ground started shaking, Nila almost screamed again but, like last time, nothing could come out.