Chapter 2 - The Colonel's Wedding

Thank you for reading! I don't own any of Sense and Sensibility! Please let me know if you enjoy! Updates on the second and fourth Saturday of each month!
—————————————————————

Elinor was thrilled to learn of her sister's engagement after she returned from her extended honeymoon in the countryside of France with her new husband.

She rushed to Marianne's side along with Mrs. Dashwood and Margaret.

During the next few weeks, the Dashwood women gathered at the Brandon estate while the property's servants prepared to host a celebration worthy of their kind, well-respected employer.

The news of Colonel Brandon and Marianne's engagement was welcomed by all, except for Mr. Willoughby, who had practically faded into obscurity.

Every day, letters of congratulations arrived at the Brandon estate along with acceptance notes as guest after guest expressed their intent to attend the wedding.

Food was purchased and prepared.

A talented seamstress came from London to sew Marianne's bridal gown.

The extensive preparations were irksome irritations to Colonel Brandon.

He was not a pompous man and he saw little point in showy events.

He would have gladly walked with Marianne to the church on the hill the day he had proposed to her and taken her for his own then and there.

Colonel Brandon's wedding was not particularly important to him, his real interest lay in his marriage that would come afterwards.

Christopher didn't want a party, he wanted to start his life with Marianne.

—————————————————————

One evening before dinner, Mrs. Dashwood chatted with Margaret in the next room while Elinor held a piece of fabric in place for the seamstress, who continued her task of crafting Mrs. Brandon's bridal dress.

Marianne stood in front of a long mirror, dressed in her wedding gown, which neared its final stages of construction.

"Is it as blissful as they say, Elinor?" She asked with a hopeful smile as she looked at her reflection in the glass.

"Even more so, if you've found a man who knows what he's doing." Elinor replied with a smirk.

"Elinor!" Marianne laughed.

"I'm only telling you the truth, dear sister." Elinor chuckled, "Colonel Brandon seems to be knowledgeable enough. I'm sure he'll take great care of you in each aspect of your life together....I wouldn't fret about it too much."

"I'm not fretting, Elinor, I'm anticipating."
Marianne replied with a winsome smile as she watched the seamstress silently continue her diligent work.

Another soft panel of pure, ivory silk slipped into place as a result of her masterful handling of needle and thread while Marianne sighed.

"........Elinor?" She asked.

"Yes?" Elinor replied.

"Are you with child yet?" Marianne blinked.

"Not to my knowledge, no." Elinor replied with a sad smile, "But my age surpasses that of most new mothers. I'm sure you'll have no trouble giving the Colonel a family, Marianne, you're younger than I am."

"You'll have no trouble doing the same for Edward." Marianne replied with a thoughtful, confident nod, "The timing is off for now, that's all. Mother married Father in the bloom of her youth, yet you were not born for another three years, remember?"