Nakamaship: Save The Captain!

An idea from Charkyzombicorn on Tumblr.

What if Joyboy had a religion that believed in his every word? What if they mistook Luffy for Joyboy?

***

"Nami, get away-" A ring of black tentacle-like darkness wraps around the captain's torso, the straw hat captain tried to kick the so-called priest of the religion.

His legs were bounded together by another batch of darkness, it was unlike the Yami Yami no mi yet it shared similarities, these people have special abilities. This island was abnormal.

"LUFFY! Hold on, I-!" The orange-haired woman tried to pull herself free from the wildx tough vines of the forest.

Noticing how the strange necklace of these people shun in the sunlight, Nami was reminded of the sea... Realization made her heart fail.

Those were special sea stone prism!

Luffy was trying to squirm himself free from the iron-clad hold on him, the priest's eyes held guilt, "Forgive me, Joyboy-sama. However, we can't loose you again! We lost you twice already." The navigator and captain felt/heard the rest of their nakama rushing to their rescue after hearing Nami's scream.

"You- Lost..him... Twice?! At least- Ngh...- You-"

"Do not speak, incompetent woman! You have let Joyboy-sama suffer in Marineford. How could you show yourself to him and take his presence for granted after all you've done?" The priest wasn't being sexist, he was only acting out on what he learned. If you put Joyboy in harm's way then that is the same as hurting him.

"F-uck, YOU! I DIDN'T WANT MY CAPTAIN TO SUFFER!" The reminder of her failure made her snap and cuss the old man out, he only stared at the navigator.

"Hey! Let Nami go!" Luffy demanded, still trying to shake out of the darkness. He managed to shake off the one covering his mouth.

The priest only took a second glance and sighed, "If Joyboy-sama truly wishes for it." Nami loses her balance when the vines let go of their hold around her stomach, arms and feet. She topples to the ground but swiftly got up, covered in dirt and sweat from chasing them down. 
It was midnight, the perfect time to strike them when they were most at ease.

The navigator wishes her nakama could arrive now, the priest has their captain hostage and the necklace of sea prism stone negated his devil fruit!  She was so hasty she forgot her clima-tact. Usopp and his kabuto could be pretty handy by now!

Her eyes frantically scanned her dark surroundings, this guy can manipulate vines and... *Shudder* whatever those inky tentacles were! Nami started to move when a giant portal of darkness appeared infront of the priest, "Nami, NO!"

The navigator stops immediately, does her captain have a plan to get out of his hold? Did he figure out how to get out himself? "You have to go to the others!" What? No! She couldn't do that right now, god only knows how many kilometers away they are from the inn they were sleeping in.

"This guy's strong, okay?! Look what he did to me!" Luffy was dragged along when the man entered, as if showing that he can absolutely take her captain away that easily.

"Nami, please just go-!" The young captain was gagged by another black tentacle.

"LUFFY!" The orange-haired woman stood back up and charged after the man who freed her. Anyone but Luffy, anyone but her captain! Her hand was so close to grabbing his seized shoulder when he had been roughly pulled in by the priest who had already crossed the portal.

The last thing she saw was her captain's worried and horror-filled eyes.

It haunts her.

"LUFFY!!!!"

***

That was a start-