Chapter 5

It had been a few days since the death of Paris. Rain had been pouring down, heavily, since the day that the hospital announced her dead. It was almost like Mother Nature was crying, knowing that someone lost a battle of their own. The dark forest that we were surrounded by was loud with the rustling of trees and once, even the sound of a tree falling down. We kept hearing the thunder and the lights flickering from the intense lightning. Everyone in the facility was starting to talk about how the storm may be worse than expected. I couldn't help but laugh at their stupidity. It was just a thunder storm, and the facility lights were just really old and couldn't go a day without flickering. People were just over reacting about it all.

The sun went down, I guess, and everyone was in their rooms getting ready for bed, watching TV, texting outsiders with their smuggled in phones, gossiping, and basically anything but sleeping. Everything was going well, that was until the power went out. That's where all hell broke loose. Everything you could think negative about a place like this all piled into the unstable minds of the patients. Break outs, Break in's, shower falls, dark phobias, sex on the dining room tables. ANYTHING! Everything that was heard from then on was rustling through the halls, and people whispering. I'm just going to get the fact that the buildings only light resource from cell phones meant that everything would be almost pitch black if it weren't for the the moonlight, that by the way, wasn't very visible. Nobody wanted their phones to be confiscated, so they just freaked out and kept their phones locked away. Chelsea and I, on the other hand, grabbed our phones and made our way to the bed to try to loosen the screws that were holding the bed to the floor. We got them loose and pushed them to the door. We pushed two beds against the door and ran into the bathroom because unlike the rest of the patients, we knew that this was not the storm was about to turn into a tornado or worse. And even if it was, it was the perfect time for my "Secret Admirer" to strike again. It sickened me that the only thing they admired about me is the thought of my organs nailed to the wall. "What do you think will happen?" Chelsea was very worried about the whole situation. "I don't know. I'm pretty sure that we will be okay" I lied in the most obvious way possible. She nodded, freezing when she heard the screams of a girl. People started to run around and then you heard doors slamming shut and people piling everything that they could, quickly, to the doors. There were loud bangs and screams then you heard loud drops. Almost like the sounds of bodies. I didn't want to think about that though because, now, I could hear the sounds of doors being broken down and the sounds of screams before the familiar drop sound.

About four times this was heard. The lights flicked on and the screams and cries of people were silent for a matter of seconds before you could hear cries for help and several gasps coming from a group of people that were surrounding a wall. After pushing everything out of the way and entering the hall, Chelsea took one look and puked while I just stood there staring. The wall had the bloody words painted on it "you know who you are." It was true too. I knew exactly who it was meant for. It was directed towards me as a warning. I looked at Chelsea, who was recovering from the loss of her diner. She looked me in the eyes and thats when I saw the vulnerable part of her. The part that told me that I needed to step my game up and protect my friend; even if it meant risking my life every single day.

They found several people that were crying for help in corners and injured. Then they found seven people dead. They had been brutally murdered. Some were even hung from ceiling fans. I started to think about how the power was out for a maximum of ten minutes. How could one person do all of that in ten minutes? I couldn't stop thinking about it. It didn't make sense. I made a mental note to figure it out one day. Chelsea must have been the most paranoid and upset one of them all. "We need a suspect list." She stated while searching the book shelf for paper. Then she grabbed a random book and turned to the back page. It was blank so she started writing.