chapter 3 - "mr ice eyes"

I started into his eyes illuminated by the fires subtle light. Now that I got a better look at them they weren't as blue. No not like oceans. More like ice.

Zach looked at me and then looked at him watching as we both started intensely at each other.

"Have you guys met before?" He asked.
"Nope never." I replied quickly.
Atlas smirked at me.

Cathy patted down a spot on the log next to her and I sat down. She started to tell me all about Mirkwood. The school I will be attending.
"Never sit at the front of Mr David's class. He spits as he talks." She grimaced.
Noted.
"Always be prepared with an answer in Mrs Tribes class. She like to call on people randomly."
Noted.
"Do you have your timetable yet?" She asked turning to face me.
"Yeah I actually got it a couple weeks ago. They sent it very early." I replied
"Do you know what you have first period?" She asked.
"Um I think I have English. No clue who it's with though." I said.
"Oh damn we don't have the same first period. I have math with Mr riley he sweats way too much. It's disgusting." She said scowling at the end.
I laughed.
She laughed.
Then we were both laughing so hard just like we did before. Once we start we can't stop.

Literally everyone was staring but we didn't care.

I can't believe how close we have gotten in just a couple of hours.

I barley know anything about her but we just seem to click.

**

I woke up Monday morning with a pit in my stomach. I was scared as shit for my first day at a new school. The bang was so fun. After me and Cathy had our second laughing fit. People started to leave. So I said my goodbyes and watched as Cathy gave Zach a piggy back ride to his car.

The baby.

Anyway it's Monday and I'm scared. That's the point.

I decided to just wear some jeans and a basic shirt. I know I know I'm a fashion icon. I made a bowl of cereal and called it a day. I put my hair up in a ribbon grabbed my bag and headed out the door.

I hopped into my car. Which was a very cool vintage style. I have no idea what brand or whatever it is but it's so cute. It's a cream white with gold accents and the inside matches.

Luckily I was only like a 10 minute drive away from my school so I didn't have to rush. Of course I was playing Harry styles the entire way.

When I arrived there were lots of kids huddled around the entrance talking. I managed to find a parking spot and got out after flawlessly parking my car.

I approached the front doors and I could hear my heart thumping in my chest. I memorized the room that was on the sheet for first period. Room 5. I started searching around and I accidentally crashed into to someone.

"Oh I'm sorry." I said as I looked at the boy in front of me.
"Oh don't worry." He spoke reaching down to collect his fallen books.
I crouched down and started to help him.
"Are you new? I haven't seen you before." He asked meeting my eyes. His were an auburn brown color.
"Yeah I just moved from California." I replied smiling as we stood again.
"We'll do you need help finding your classroom?" He asked.
"Oh actually that would be great." I smiled.

He smiled back and I followed as we walked through the corridor.
"So how are you liking Hawaii so far?" He asked staring ahead of him.
"It's beautiful. I love it." I grinned
"Are you a senior?" He asked raising an eyebrow.
"Yep sure am." I replied.
"Cool. Me too." He said coming to a stop in front of a classroom. "This is your classroom. But before you go. What's your name?"
"Grace." I spoke meeting his eyes again.
"Dan." He spoke with a smirk reaching out his hand to shake mine.
"Nice to meet you." We both said before he walked away.