chapter 1 - moving day

I've been staring at my wall for around two hours now.
Contemplating the fact that I am moving in less than 24 hours.
It's scary really, moving.
I mean I've never moved before. So I don't really know what to expect. I will miss my life here. That I am sure of.

Moving is a whole new world for me. You see my family is a very boring and basic family in my opinion. My mothers name is Rachel Jones and my fathers is Phill Jones. Which to me and many are extremely basic names. My brother was Saul Jones. Before he passed away. Of course I don't expect anyone to feel bad for me. I hardly knew the guy. He died when I was 4 and I have no recollection of anything about him. Like at all. But supposedly he loved me.

I tried to learn everything about him when I was younger and when I say everything I meant everything. I learnt his favorite color, his favorite subject, I memorized all of his friends names, his favorite food, what he liked to do in his spare time even his favorite meal of the day. I learnt so much about him hoping that somehow that would make me closer to him. Make me in a way be able to know him or at least say I did.

My mother walked in the room swiftly, carrying a big box labeled with 'Graces stuff' on the side in messy black sharpie. I turned slowly to face her as she was piling all sorts of things from my room into that very small box she was holding.
"Mom what are you doing?" I asked confused.
"I am packing Grace! We are moving in 24 fricking hours! I am stressing out here!" She said frantically stress literally radiating off her.
"You know there are two people in this house that could help you right?"
She glances up at me and sighs.
"I know but I feel bad asking you to help." She speaks still stuffing stuff into the box.
"Why?"
"Well you know we're moving and that's a big thing for our family and I know you don't want to move and I guess I'm just really so-" my mother was cut off when I interrupted her.
"Mom honestly it's fine! I will be fine. Let me help you with that" I spoke sincerely lifting off the bed to help her load more boxes into the room.

"Okay so I need you to fill all these boxes with your stuff and you need to label all of them and then after tape them up and load them all into the truck outside." My mom said quickly as she slowly left my room.

Once she was gone I sighed.

This was gonna be a long ass day.

***

After the boxes were all loaded into the large truck outside it was actually time to leave the house. We loaded into the car and headed to the airport. The outside world flashed quickly past me as I stared outside our car window. It hit me then that we were actually leaving. Actually going someplace completely new and different. A single tear fell down my face but I quickly wiped it away. I unlocked my phone and messaged my best friend since the 2nd grade Allysa.

hey all just got in the car heading to the airport missing you already 🥲

you better text me every fucking day or I swear grace I will come for you

well that's a nice thought to think about on the plane

shit I got to go text me when you land love you. Have a safe flight 💖

bye thanks xx

I was gonna miss that girl so much. She has been my best-friend for forever and the thought about not seeing each other everyday makes my heart hurt.

**

After the horrific plane ride of baby's screaming, old men touching themselves across the aisle, little kids picking there nose and wiping it on me. Yeah don't ask, and a weird couple sitting next to us that was fucking humming the entire time. It's safe to say I was tired as shit.